Thread: The Ear Nose Throat gun and lasers.

The Ear Nose Throat gun and lasers.

I got a chance to get out for a bit today, and shoot my BUG, which is my old 442.

I have a set of old CT laser grips on it, and have always maintained that they are the single greatest aid to marksmanship that I know of for J Frames.

My eyes have changed drastically over the last few years and front sights are very fuzzy to the point that I often just "use the force" and pretend I am a Jedi.

Anyways some pictures of running what I call my Ear Nose Throat gun.

Conditions were overcast, with a slight bit of rain.

At 7 yards there was not a huge difference, but I was still more in the center, with the laser versus irons:

First group w/ laser:

Next was w/o. Then I compared.

10 yards was where the difference really was noticeable:

I need some new paint for the front sight too, the gun is fairly worn.

Unfortunately I ran out of time, as I had some rifle stuff to do before heading back, so I did not have a chance to run the J Frame at 25 yards and further.

For me, the CT laser grips are a rather significant advantage over irons if the lighting conditions are appropriate. If it is bright out, then I go straight to irons.

I had a pair just like that for a long time. Mine shot great for what they were. Fatiguing to shoot much more than 50 rounds at a time or so.

Site Supporter
    I love the crimson trace boot grips on my 642. I wish they made the boot grips for K frames

Thanks for sharing LR. That's some decent shooting, and I like your ENT name for J's. I couldn't agree more with CT grips for this application, it's the only set I own and they work great.

My no-lock 638. I only carry AIWB, hence the larger CT grips.
    Last edited by StraitR; 06-14-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Very cool and nice shooting. I need to get my 642 out more. I've been pondering a set of CT LG-105 grips.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Thanks for sharing LR. That's some decent shooting, and I like your ENT name for J's. I couldn't agree more with CT grips for this application, it's the only set I own and they work great.

My no-lock 638. I only carry AIWB, hence the larger CT grips.
    For years I thought the old humpback J Frames were some of the ugliest revolvers out there. Then as I got older they started to grow on me, and now I think they look cool as heck, especially the old school ones with the grip safety, and or blued finish.

One of these days, when I have some spare change I intend to pick up a decent shooter grade one "just because", and make it an extra pocket gun. I think it would be perfect for sticking in my grandfather's old Filson plaid jacket:

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    For years I thought the old humpback J Frames were some of the ugliest revolvers out there. Then as I got older they started to grow on me, and now I think they look cool as heck, especially the old school ones with the grip safety, and or blued finish.

One of these days, when I have some spare change I intend to pick up a decent shooter grade one "just because", and make it an extra pocket gun. I think it would be perfect for sticking in my grandfather's old Filson plaid jacket:
    haha. Agreed, I always thought they looked hideous as well. I got this one years ago from a friend looking to replace it with a semi-auto. It wasn't until I had one that I started to appreciate and actually prefer the old bodyguard shrouded hammer. I really like the look and feel of the old Tyler T grips. The LG-305 CT LG's added thickness in the back mimic that feel pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    haha. Agreed, I always thought they looked hideous as well. I got this one years ago from a friend looking to replace it with a semi-auto. It wasn't until I had one that I started to appreciate and actually prefer the old bodyguard shrouded hammer. I really like the look and feel of the old Tyler T grips. The LG-305 CT LG's added thickness in the back mimic that feel pretty well.
    Thank you so much for answering my unasked question!

I love the grip with the T-grip installed and have thought about a CT lasergrip but just couldn't abandon the Ts. Gonna put a set of lasergrips on my birthday list this year, now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Thank you so much for answering my unasked question!

I love the grip with the T-grip installed and have thought about a CT lasergrip but just couldn't abandon the Ts. Gonna put a set of lasergrips on my birthday list this year, now.
    FYI, there are now four models of CT lasergrips for J-frames. The 305's and 405's are the only one's that feel similar to TT's to me due to increased grip circumference.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...nufacturer=167

Awesome!

I will make note of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List