Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Essential Kit For A Carbine Class

Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
    "Boo boo kit: Yes, the trauma stuff is necessary and sexy but a simple boo boo kit with band aids, Advil/Excedrin, Hand Sanitizer, and Antiseptic ointment would be very helpful to you and possibly your classmates for the simple stuff that happens. "

Ah, yes...I keep one in my truck all the time (in fact, with a full trauma/blow out kit in a dedicated med bag).

Thanks!
    That's another thing that I changed after I thought about it. I already have a trauma kit, boo boo kit, rain jacket, and other such equipment that stays in my truck all the time. I don't need to go out and buy more, I don't need to remember to pack it because I already have it, and I sure as hell don't need to go lugging it all around with me.

Banned

Yes, same here...if I start to think about the stuff in my truck at all times, I guess I have a rolling "bug out" resource of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
    Yup, and I mentioned make sure you are using the heavy-duty stuff ... it's the best way to dust off and nuke them orbit, you know, just to be sure. I was born/raised in Florida, worked summers on a surveying crew cutting line in heavy wooded/swamp/brush...I know what I'm talking about here.
    Another land surveyor here? I spent 15 yrs as one before a I made a permanent career change. I wish more people knew the pain of cutting line in the summers, I think you would agree that people don't understand that it's not just a "walk in the woods" lol . I found that even the heavy stuff did nothing for the mosquitoes on top of the sun baking your neck with the heavy DEET on your neck. If you're an instrument man standing in the woods though I found the thermacell to work wonders. Different strokes for different folks.

I also keep med and assorted gear in my truck. I think a boo boo kit is just as lacking as a trauma kit for most people. Even just a cheap first aid kit would go a long way.

Banned
    Hah...really? I rarely talk to anyone who has ever been on a survey crew. I was "tail chain" ... cutting line, ah, the joy. Like the time we were surveying a whole new section and I hit a bush with a huge yellow jacket's nest in it. I can honestly say I don't remember the bugs as much as the oppressive heat and humidity. We would get out super early and knock off around 2:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Even stripper clips can be a pain in the fourth point of contact. Or arthritic hands, as the case may be. There are LULAs designed for ammo in stripper clips.
    And they are thing of art and beauty.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Well, the VTAC battle belt has been utilized to some extent.

Name:  soot_battle_belt.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  69.8 KB

Please pardon the dumb rookie question, but YouTube and forums are of little help: how can you make Tek-Lok, and Safariland's MLS/QLS/ELS system play nice together?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Please pardon the dumb rookie question, but YouTube and forums are of little help: how can you make Tek-Lok, and Safariland's MLS/QLS/ELS system play nice together?
    Well, that depends on which way you're going.

Tek-Lok attachment on an ELS belt? No problem as long as you have an open space, use the outer belt just like a regular belt. For 3 Gun I have an ELS belt with two shell caddies on ELS forks and a third on a Tek-Lok as a spare or loaner. Works fine, and facilitates quick loading practice sessions when I don't want to put on the ELS double belt. This works even better if you put some hook and loop on either side of the Tek-Lok.

Now, an ELS forked attachment on any non-ELS receiver? I don't think you're gonna make that work, just unscrew it and put on a different attachment.
    Last edited by Eric_F; 06-16-2017 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Added bit about velcro

User Tag List