Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 10 round G19 Magazine Project

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Retired LE here carrying in 50 states under LEOSA. I would love to carry my G17 around with me in my RV travels, but after tons of research on the internet, decided to moth ball the G17 and just go with revolvers. Not willing to buy another semi auto pistol. When in travel status, I take my S&W models 686/60/36. The bonus is that my wife is comfortable with the revolver format.
    Slight derail....but based on your username, did you retire from that department?

Cool

AMC: No from that department. But, I'm a long time fan of Harry Callahan.
    Last edited by Inspector71; 05-27-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Not sure if it's already been covered but it appears that Glock may be addressing the issue with the 10 round mags. Someone recently got a G32 with 10 round mags and the mags were double stack instead of the usual single stack for neutered mags. So, let's hope that Glock has finally acknowledged the problem and they're going thru the 10 round neutered mags and making them function reliably by making the double stack 10 round mags. Is it OK to link to a thread on another forum for the thread in question?
    The 10 rd G19 mags I received this week are single stack with 2183 followers. They both worked well for a limited number of 124 ball and 124 +P Gold Dots. I plan on putting some rounds down range with these and will post back any problems. I'm hoping the Gold Dot feed profile will not cause me problems. I will continue to use the G26 as my ban state travel companion.

Let's hope the switch to a double stack system for 10 rd mags becomes the norm.
    Last edited by LSP552; 05-28-2017 at 09:25 AM.

LSP552: Not trying to hijack the thread, as I see it as a related issue...so:

What do you do for your G26 mags as far as a baseplate? I'm debating between a G43 with a Vickers +2 mags, or a G26 with either Pearce extensions or maybe factory +2's. Tried both guns this week at a LE shoot arranged by Glock and a Mass distributor. Wasn't comfortable with tucking the pinky under the mag with either gun. Someone, maybe you, used the term "squirmy" in reference to the 43. That's an excellent description. Then tried the 26 with a 19 mag in it and there was plenty to hold on to--so leaning strongly towards the 26--with some sort of extension on the mag.

T-I-A

Chris Sheehy

Quote Originally Posted by csheehy View Post
    LSP552: Not trying to hijack the thread, as I see it as a related issue...so:

What do you do for your G26 mags as far as a baseplate? I'm debating between a G43 with a Vickers +2 mags, or a G26 with either Pearce extensions or maybe factory +2's. Tried both guns this week at a LE shoot arranged by Glock and a Mass distributor. Wasn't comfortable with tucking the pinky under the mag with either gun. Someone, maybe you, used the term "squirmy" in reference to the 43. That's an excellent description. Then tried the 26 with a 19 mag in it and there was plenty to hold on to--so leaning strongly towards the 26--with some sort of extension on the mag.

T-I-A

Chris Sheehy
    Chris,

I prefer the factory +2 base plates by far. It's been a long time ago but I had issues with the Pearce +2s. Perhaps they have changed, I don't know. You will find the Glock factory +2 to be an almost universal recommendation and I have never heard of them causing any issues.

When I'm in 10 rd territory, I will use the Pearce finger extension that doesn't add capacity. I've been pleased with these and haven't had any problems in the past. While I don't like the feel of tucking my little finger under the factory 10 rd base plate, I find it really doesn't effect my accuracy. It does effect my draw and consistency at speed a bit, but I "think" that's just me and could likely adjust to it if I had to.
    Last edited by LSP552; 05-29-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks. Exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

CJS

User Tag List