Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 10 round G19 Magazine Project

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    I read through the thread but may have missed whether the original 2183 followers were actually a problem in this thread's Glock.
    Not all G19 models have a problem with specific ammo and 10 round mags with the #2183 followers.

An alternative is going with a G26gen3 or G26Gen4 which already come with 10 round mags.
    Going with the G26 models (for 10-round concerns) will let one have more peace of mind and save the continual need to test the G19 10-round mags due to worrying.

I caught there's already an S&W Shield and don't quite understand why the bother with the Glock 19 as the S&W Shield is a fine gun, especially if it's just for travel/holiday/family/vacation times. I'm just saying the G26 models are similar enough to the G19 should there be some reason why the S&W Shield isn't being used.
    For travel and visiting, yes, the Shield and/or G26 would work. For the possibility of having to move and the fact that I shoot a larger gun better I'd prefer to find something that works in the G17/G19.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Correct--all our neutered Glock 10 rd mag problems have been with 9 mm 147 gr HST, Ranger Talon, and flat nose FMJ.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Correct--all our neutered Glock 10 rd mag problems have been with 9 mm 147 gr HST, Ranger Talon, and flat nose FMJ.
    I'm assuming the 2183 followers and I think IIRC the 9mm3 followers both had issues in your department's magazines. Did you guys ever try the 9mm6 followers? Is it possible that there's a spring tension issue?

Multiple follower types tried including the ones mentioned; both weaker and stronger springs tried (including neutered G17 springs in neutered G19 mags). Unlikely a spring tension issue. Most of the failures to feed were nose-dive issues...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Multiple follower types tried including the ones mentioned; both weaker and stronger springs tried (including neutered G17 springs in neutered G19 mags). Unlikely a spring tension issue. Most of the failures to feed were nose-dive issues...
    Ok, so if it's unlikely a spring tension issue, then it strikes me that it's either a follower geometry or magazine body geometry issue. Given that multiple followers are having issues (notably followers that seem to work great in standard capacity magazines) then it stands to reason there's something funky going on with the magazine geometry.

I might have to tear apart my sample of two to see what might cause something like that.

It is likely the whole going from a double stack to single stack issue with the neutered Glock mags and why other neutered 10 rd mags that remain double stack and simple use an elongated base plate like on the M&P seem to feed normally.

Not sure if it's already been covered but it appears that Glock may be addressing the issue with the 10 round mags. Someone recently got a G32 with 10 round mags and the mags were double stack instead of the usual single stack for neutered mags. So, let's hope that Glock has finally acknowledged the problem and they're going thru the 10 round neutered mags and making them function reliably by making the double stack 10 round mags. Is it OK to link to a thread on another forum for the thread in question?
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 05-26-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Not sure if it's already been covered but it appears that Glock may be addressing the issue with the 10 round mags. Someone recently got a G32 with 10 round mags and the mags were double stack instead of the usual single stack for neutered mags. So, let's hope that Glock has finally acknowledged the problem and they're going thru the 10 round neutered mags and making them function reliably by making the double stack 10 round mags. Is it OK to link to a thread on another forum for the thread in question?
    If it isn't, feel free to PM me that link if you could, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    They just started making 15-round G17 mag's for the two or three states that have 15-round limits and they seem to work well so it wouldn't surprise me if they started making double stack 10-rounders. It would likely simplify production and reduce costs because a limited double stack would be able to share parts and tooling with the standard mag's and that alone should be enough reason to drop the single stacks and move to doubles even if they won't admit the problems with the singles.

Retired LE here carrying in 50 states under LEOSA. I would love to carry my G17 around with me in my RV travels, but after tons of research on the internet, decided to moth ball the G17 and just go with revolvers. Not willing to buy another semi auto pistol. When in travel status, I take my S&W models 686/60/36. The bonus is that my wife is comfortable with the revolver format.

User Tag List