Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 round G19 Magazine Project

Do you own other handguns that are more compatible with the 10 round issue, like 1911s, or Glock G30S, or ... ?

A J Frame BUG?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Do you own other handguns that are more compatible with the 10 round issue, like 1911s, or Glock G30S, or ... ?

A J Frame BUG?
    I agree with your line of thinking. Use a gun with purpose built 10 round or less magazines. If one travels to such places often, it's probably a good reason for the Glock shooter to get a 26 or 43.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I agree with your line of thinking. Use a gun with purpose built 10 round or less magazines. If one travels to such places often, it's probably a good reason for the Glock shooter to get a 26 or 43.
    My cheap ass would probably just load up ball ammo that feeds well, during the time you're in one of those states
    Last edited by theJanitor; 05-25-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    Glock frames are as cheap as I have ever seen them on Gunbroker right now if you want to chop a G19 frame. Having said that, I would just carry my G26.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Consider even a pair of J Frames, or something that you (or a spouse) would use on a semi-regular basis in your regular AO (jogging gun, lounge around the house gun, purse gun, etc). If the bride is a non enthusiast, but is willing to at least do some familiarization fire with a revolver, the 10 round issue could actually be an opportunity, rather than a hindrance.

Picking up a K Frame-J Frame combo, or 2 J Frames, or whatever, that essentially operate in the same fashion, and can be run by the person with the least amount of training in the house makes a fair bit of sense. For a traveling gun, something that she is comfortable unloading and reloading as she sees fit, in various environments may not be so bad. Odds are as a shooting enthusiast, you are going to be competent in conflict resolution, no matter what you have in your hands (within reason).
    Last edited by Lost River; 05-25-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    ...I also have family near Illinois and California, so that'll be a thing too.
    Is Illinois a problem with mags of greater than 10 rds?

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I believe most, but not all, strict firearms restrictions are in and around Chicago. From what @breakingtime91 tells me, there are some pretty cool gun folks in S. Illinois. I sold my LMT MWS 308 to some dude in Illinois a few years back and shipped it to an FFL in Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    No, no mag restrictions in Illinois. I travel from Wisconsin down to Missouri all the time, no issue legally.

OK, I didn't think so, but was surprise when that was mentioned.

I know a couple guys in Illinois, they have a bunch of shooting stuff going on thru the summer. I think many get focused on the laws and think of it as not being gun oriented, but the people don't seem deterred much.
    Last edited by Malamute; 05-25-2017 at 08:47 PM.

I'm spending a lot of time in the East Greenwich, RI area now, which is just South of Boston. While RI doesn't restrict capacity, I find myself in MA pretty regularly. I'm been bonding with a 4th Gen 26 the last few months just for that reason. The G26 gives me just a bit more dress around options and I'm only dealing with one gun while flying.

I personally feel I'm giving up some time and consistency on the draw going from the 17/19 to a 26, but its likely not significant in the food court at the Providence mall.

I did just order a couple of 10 rd mags for a 19, just to see how they work. I'm expecting them to not, but who knows.

Edit to add: With the Glock +2s, I'm not giving up much in handling (except reloads still suck), and I just leave them in RI when in ban land.
    Last edited by LSP552; 05-25-2017 at 09:32 PM.

User Tag List