Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aimpoint PRO or Vortex Strike Eagle for my AR???

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Seems to associated with Strike Industries, which means it could be the best product on the planet I wouldn't buy it.
    These guys run their gear hard, test it often and replace it at the drop of a hat. If they were garbage I would have heard about it. I've heard the illumination isn't very bright but that the BDC was solid for (I think) 62 gr bullets. I can request more info if anyone is interested.

https://www.atibalsights.com/collect...nt=23335924225

I went with a SWFA 1-6 a while back, but that's a $1000 scope and I didn't want to spring for the Vortex Razor HD 1-6 for $1400. Truth is a pair of Atibal 1x8's, with mounts probably would have served me far better on price vs. actual requirements.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    These guys run their gear hard, test it often and replace it at the drop of a hat. If they were garbage I would have heard about it. I've heard the illumination isn't very bright but that the BDC was solid for (I think) 62 gr bullets. I can request more info if anyone is interested.

https://www.atibalsights.com/collect...nt=23335924225

I went with a SWFA 1-6 a while back, but that's a $1000 scope and I didn't want to spring for the Vortex Razor HD 1-6 for $1400. Truth is a pair of Atibal 1x8's, with mounts probably would have served me far better on price vs. actual requirements.
    If you say so, I would not know.

In my opinion, if you are running an optic which may go on a gun which may possibly be used against people then it should be proven in such a capacity. There are dozens of makers of optics which are capable of delivering such results that are not associated with a known cheap-product company (strike industries).
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    The PRO comes with the mount for under 450.00.

But, I'm want to try a LPVO because as my eyes are getting older it's harder to see those 2,3 and 4 hundred yard targets. I'm trying to find something in the same price range. The Strike Eagle and a mount will fit that bill but is it a legitimate optic for someone that's not going to war, or is it a POS?

My use: Training, fun, home/self/family protection.
    SCD
    If that's the actual order of priorities for this carbine, buy and try whatever floats your boat. If you were reverse that order, I would say buy the PRO since it's better suited to HD.

Steiner and Burris are corporate siblings owned by Beretta. Their service address is the same. The M products are still top shelf duty optics made in Germany. The relatively young T and P product lines have been lower priced and American-made. The T5Xi promised a lightweight, reliable 5-25X with some image compromise and a price the masses could swallow. The initial production was a fiasco royale. Steiner eventually made good on it.

The original P series were OK except for the exposed adj turrets and lack of reticle choice. Today the P-series has capped turrets and Schott glass.

The reticle is fine for general use. For me it's too thin for dedicated hunting or the short range side of 3-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Steiner and Burris are corporate siblings owned by Beretta. Their service address is the same. The M products are still top shelf duty optics made in Germany. The relatively young T and P product lines have been lower priced and American-made. The T5Xi promised a lightweight, reliable 5-25X with some image compromise and a price the masses could swallow. The initial production was a fiasco royale. Steiner eventually made good on it.

The original P series were OK except for the exposed adj turrets and lack of reticle choice. Today the P-series has capped turrets and Schott glass.

The reticle is fine for general use. For me it's too thin for dedicated hunting or the short range side of 3-gun.
    Great information. Thanks.

User Tag List