Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO or Vortex Strike Eagle for my AR???

Aimpoint PRO or Vortex Strike Eagle for my AR???

The PRO comes with the mount for under 450.00.

But, I'm want to try a LPVO because as my eyes are getting older it's harder to see those 2,3 and 4 hundred yard targets. I'm trying to find something in the same price range. The Strike Eagle and a mount will fit that bill but is it a legitimate optic for someone that's not going to war, or is it a POS?

My use: Training, fun, home/self/family protection.
    SCD

I have very little experience with either one but have not heard of any issues.

For shooting beyond 200 yards, I prefer a magnified optic.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    The PRO comes with the mount for under 450.00.

But, I'm want to try a LPVO because as my eyes are getting older it's harder to see those 2,3 and 4 hundred yard targets. I'm trying to find something in the same price range. The Strike Eagle and a mount will fit that bill but is it a legitimate optic for someone that's not going to war, or is it a POS?

My use: Training, fun, home/self/family protection.
    SCD

For a defensive firearm 0-200 I'd stick with the AimPro durability and quality wise but with quality QD mounts you can have both for a great price from me
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

In addition to the obvious magnification feature almost all LPVOs at 1x offer susbstantially more useful view than a Comp M series or PRO.

You've already decided true red dot function, lighter weight and reliability aren't huge issues for you.

Any nearsighted/astigmatism issues would weigh in favor of an LPVO.

I've owned a number of decent to excellent LPVOs $250 to $1700 and didn't care for the Vortex SE. For the price it felt chintzy, like the Primary Arms. The BDC works at 6x where resolution is not that good. It was not as easy to get behind as others.

So far the 1-4 range is still my fav if bang for buck is important. 6x isn't a huge jump up anyway.

A used price, capped-turret SWFA 1-4 HD (an FFP design) is hard to beat for a bit more than SE+mount.

The Burris TAC30 1-4 views and feels better than the Vortex SE. I didn't find the MTAC any better than the TAC30 either. But like the SE it's an economy Asian optic.

If magnification is needed and weight is not as important as price I'd look at a prism sight like the Burris or newer Steiners. Similar to ACOG function in 3x and 5x.

There's always the option of a flip-to-side magnifier for a red dot. Pay attention to eye relief specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ya for a defensive firearm, I would pick an aimpoint unless your willing to spend quite a bit more on a LPV

Vxr patrol is a solid optic choice.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

This is very popular with out local budget-minded 3-gun hotshots: http://www.opticsplanet.com/atibal-x...econd-foc.html

Atibal XP8 1-8x24mm Riflescopes with Rapid View Lever, TDR BDC Reticle, Second Focal Plane AT-XP8 w/ Free Shipping

Name:  xp8finalangle.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  21.0 KB

Also: http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/...ount/?p=236625
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    This is very popular with out local budget-minded 3-gun hotshots: http://www.opticsplanet.com/atibal-x...econd-foc.html

Atibal XP8 1-8x24mm Riflescopes with Rapid View Lever, TDR BDC Reticle, Second Focal Plane AT-XP8 w/ Free Shipping

Name:  xp8finalangle.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  21.0 KB

Also: http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/...ount/?p=236625
    Seems to associated with Strike Industries, which means it could be the best product on the planet I wouldn't buy it.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Looks like DSG Arms has the Steiner P4Xi 1-4X24mm P3TR Scope & Throw Lever - w/ Burris AR-PEPR 30MM Scope Mount for 545.00. But I know nothing about this particular Steiner.

Any info on this is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    Looks like DSG Arms has the Steiner P4Xi 1-4X24mm P3TR Scope & Throw Lever - w/ Burris AR-PEPR 30MM Scope Mount for 545.00. But I know nothing about this particular Steiner.

Any info on this is appreciated.
    If it has uncapped turrets you should disregard it.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List