Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LSP972 has passed away

As he became conspicuous by his absence here this became the unfortunate presumption.

I enjoyed the way he engaged with many folks across the spectrum, including myself, and am glad I had at least a few interactions with him.

RIP

Very sorry to hear about Steve's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

He was a wealth of experience and information.

As time passes, and the Old School type of men, who wore blued steel revolvers, in leather gear that was polished, and uniforms that were kept looking sharp, are taken from us, we are diminished as both LEOs and as men in general. Many represented a set of core values, beyond simply enforcing the law, or keeping the peace.

With the passing of Mr. Campbell, we also lose decades worth of knowledge and experience with revolvers, that the younger generations have less and less interest in.

I am glad to know that he is no longer suffering, yet am saddened by the loss of such a great guy and source of information.

Rest In Peace Sir.

His presence and contributions will be greatly missed. Godspeed and RIP, friend.

Condolences to all whose lives he touched.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The LSPxxxs are among the people I always make sure to read when commenting.

By all accounts a life of purpose and service to the benefit of our People.

Rest in peace, Mr. Campbell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This is very sad news. I PM'd with him a few times. I considered it a compliment that he sought my opinion on anything, and an honor when he shared his with me.

We are indeed diminished.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

So I was drinking a cup of coffee and reflecting some more upon Mr. Campbell.

I did not know him beyond online conversations here.

With that said, the very vast majority of men in this world go through this life never having a significantly positively impact upon other people. They may work their whole lives simply trying to get themselves ahead financially, buying material things, etc.

That was not Mr. Campbell.

In reflecting upon the first post, it was noted that Mr. Campbell was a Vietnam veteran and Army Ranger. Either directly or indirectly, who knows how many lives he saved, through either protecting civilians caught in the middle of the conflict, or by engaging the enemy and saving fellow Americans that otherwise may have fallen to the enemy.

As a Patrolman, it is hard to gauge how many deaths he prevented, and the subsequent pain and anguish that comes from losing a child or family member, due to the selfish acts of a drunk/impaired driver. Mr. Campbell no doubt physically saved lives, as well as prevented untold pain and suffering.

The same can be said for the apprehension of violent predators, sexual predators, and the worst types of evil that prey upon the weak. No doubt, as a Patrol Officer and SWAT member, he made significant positive impacts in people's lives, preventing predators from victimizing those who could not protect themselves, by putting them behind bars for long periods of time.

This also holds true in his retirement job at the crime lab, as the case can only be as strong as the evidence, and having a career cop who knows this working in a lab would be invaluable.

As a firearms trainer, it is also safe to say he made a positive impact on many LEOs and helped them develop their skill sets that not only keep them alive, but protect those they serve from the evil in the world.

Louisiana State Police 972 Steve Campbell lived a life worth living and no doubt impacted many more than any of us are likely to ever know.

Truly a life well lived.

He will indeed be missed--for his knowledge, honor, integrity, and service to our Nation. Thank you Sir for all you contributed, Farewell on your continued journey.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    So I was drinking a cup of coffee and reflecting some more upon Mr. Campbell.

I did not know him beyond online conversations here.

With that said, the very vast majority of men in this world go through this life never having a significantly positively impact upon other people. They may work their whole lives simply trying to get themselves ahead financially, buying material things, etc.

That was not Mr. Campbell.

In reflecting upon the first post, it was noted that Mr. Campbell was a Vietnam veteran and Army Ranger. Either directly or indirectly, who knows how many lives he saved, through either protecting civilians caught in the middle of the conflict, or by engaging the enemy and saving fellow Americans that otherwise may have fallen to the enemy.

As a Patrolman, it is hard to gauge how many deaths he prevented, and the subsequent pain and anguish that comes from losing a child or family member, due to the selfish acts of a drunk/impaired driver. Mr. Campbell no doubt physically saved lives, as well as prevented untold pain and suffering.

The same can be said for the apprehension of violent predators, sexual predators, and the worst types of evil that prey upon the weak. No doubt, as a Patrol Officer and SWAT member, he made significant positive impacts in people's lives, preventing predators from victimizing those who could not protect themselves, by putting them behind bars for long periods of time.

This also holds true in his retirement job at the crime lab, as the case can only be as strong as the evidence, and having a career cop who knows this working in a lab would be invaluable.

As a firearms trainer, it is also safe to say he made a positive impact on many LEOs and helped them develop their skill sets that not only keep them alive, but protect those they serve from the evil in the world.

Louisiana State Police 972 Steve Campbell lived a life worth living and no doubt impacted many more than any of us are likely to ever know.

Truly a life well lived.

Just a great euology, LR. Even though I, too, never met Steve - he had that great gift of making you feel you were friends for life via a pm, or a back and forth here.
    Steve was a great example of how best to share your knowledge and experience with no strings attached. Some may remember a recent effort by Steve to send me, a guy he never met, some practice ammo. He was genuinely pissed off that the post office wanted to charge him so much. THAT's what I'm talking about.

He never backed down from the fight he was in, again teaching us all how it's done.

We are all diminished by his passing. RIP, my friend.

I am sorry to hear that.

If more people devoted their lives to service of others, as he did, the world would be a better place.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List