Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: LSP972 has passed away

Very sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed reading LSP972's posts and I learned a lot from them.

RIP, we are diminished.

This is hitting me harder as I read more about him. Glass raised last night and tonight. I won't forget him.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I have really enjoyed reading LSP972's posts over the years, and when he mentioned his cancer in his recent posts, he was putting up a hell of a fight. His recent posts were humbling, and I admired his attitude as he faced cancer head on.

Cancer definitely met its match with LSP. Cancer won this battle, but LSP won the war, and may he be granted eternal peace with the Lord. RIP Brother.

Just learned of this this morning.
    There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said already, and far better than I could.
    I would always read his posts, regardless of the topic..........for some golden nugget of knowledge, wisdom, wit, insight, or perspective was always to be found.

Rest in Peace, Sir.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Thinking about LSP 972 again and wanted some input.

What occurred to me was that maybe it would bring a little happiness to Mr. Campbell's wife and family to know that so many men thought so highly of him. Normally at funerals or celebrations of life, all they hear are "I am sorry and my condolences". Here in this thread, we have some people who have taken the time to write their true thoughts and feelings on the matter. A couple of days after the service, when Mrs Campbell may be feeling a bit lost, would be a great time to read messages in a thread like this and know that Steve Campbell was so highly thought of.

Comments, suggestions, concerns ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

What occurred to me was that maybe it would bring a little happiness to Mr. Campbell's wife and family to know that so many men thought so highly of him. Normally at funerals or celebrations of life, all they hear are "I am sorry and my condolences". Here in this thread, we have some people who have taken the time to write their true thoughts and feelings on the matter. A couple of days after the service, when Mrs Campbell may be feeling a bit lost, would be a great time to read messages in a thread like this and know that Steve Campbell was so highly thought of.

Great idea. I was actually thinking about him yesterday and the composure he showed when facing his end on this earth. I would love to contribute in anyway possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

You are on target, as usual. I'm sure Marie would enjoy this thread and I was thinking about sending her a link down the road a bit.

Thanks to all!

Ken

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I don't know how seriously Mr. Campbell took his Scottish heritage, or how much of it beyond his name may have been filtered by generations, but reading the stories in this thread reminded me of this classic:

“The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

Terrorists have been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s Get the Bastards.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.
    The Scotch also, it turns out, have been a backbone of the United States' armed forces from the beginning, for reasons that Steve's life illustrates perfectly. Men like him help us be proud to be American.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The Scotch also, it turns out, have been a backbone of the United States' armed forces from the beginning, for reasons that Steve's life illustrates perfectly. Men like him help us be proud to be American.
    The question is, did he take his Scottish heritage seriously enough to have told you that things are Scottish, people are Scots, and that scotch is what they drink.

I think he'd have been amused by the correction, however. Thank you for giving me something to add to the thread besides "Dammit, not another one!"
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I don't know how seriously Mr. Campbell took his Scottish heritage, or how much of it beyond his name may have been filtered by generations, but reading the stories in this thread reminded me of this classic:

It's funny you say that, my family is from Scotland and has a rich history of fighting. Bonded with quite a few other guys over my heritage. No wonder Mr.Campbell and I got along.

User Tag List