Thread: H.R. 2437 - Back the Blue Act of 2017

H.R. 2437 - Back the Blue Act of 2017

I was doing some light reading and stumbled onto this bill which has been referred to the house committee on the judiciary on 05/16/17.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...e%22%5D%7D&r=3

One section I found interesting:

Ҥ 3054. Authority of law enforcement officers to carry firearms
    “Any sworn officer, agent, or employee of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision thereof, who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of law, or to supervise or secure the safety of incarcerated inmates, may carry firearms if authorized by law to do so. Such authority to carry firearms, with respect to the lawful performance of the official duties of a sworn officer, agent, or employee of a State or a political subdivision thereof, shall include possession incident to depositing a firearm within a secure firearms storage area for use by all persons who are authorized to carry a firearm within any building or structure classified as a Federal facility or Federal court facility, as those terms are defined under section 930, and any grounds appurtenant to such a facility.”.

(b) Carrying Of Concealed Firearms By Qualified Law Enforcement Officers.—Section 926B(e)(2) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting “any magazine and” after “includes”.

(c) Carrying Of Concealed Firearms By Qualified Retired Law Enforcement Officers.—Section 926C(e)(1)(B) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting “any magazine and” after “includes”.

(d) School Zones.—Section 922(q)(2)(B)(vi) title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting “or a qualified law enforcement officer (as defined in section 926B(c))” before the semicolon.

(e) Regulations Required.—Not later than 60 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Attorney General shall promulgate regulations allowing persons described in section 3054 of title 18, United States Code, to possess firearms in a manner described by that section. With respect to Federal justices, judges, bankruptcy judges, and magistrate judges, such regulations shall be prescribed after consultation with the Judicial Conference of the United States.

(f) Table Of Sections.—The table of sections for chapter 203 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after the item relating to section 3053 the following:
    Aside from the above, this bill would make suing LEO's more difficult and less fruitful due to broader protections under 42 USC 1983.

Would be nice to see it passed into law, LE needs a lot of this stuff.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Let's see how many Democrats vote against this bill.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Time to write/call our congressman to support this.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Time to write/call our congressman to support this.
    Yep. I was thinking about this any spoke with a solicitor buddy who said this may allow states and cities to not pay out after being sued, stopping money being bled out if the department's and cities due to settlements from legal UOF by LEOs.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

My question would be if this is meant to actually go forward or if it's just proposed so a congressman can say he did something.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    My question would be if this is meant to actually go forward or if it's just proposed so a congressman can say he did something.
    Only time will tell
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List