Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    One could easily drop in a hunk of chopstick or anything relatively hard and incompressible to fill the remaining portion of the slot and prevent movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One shouldn't have to... But thats a good option thank you for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My take on this is that could be a theoretically questionable point of a design. I do understand the reason for it, adjustment range and such, but I can see how this might be happening. I think the question is if yours is more or less representative, or there is some sort of user interface issue where you push down on a gun throughout the day somehow and the whole thing rides down, or it is a fluke. I've two Keepers but one of them is set at the lowest point. The second one is set like yours, at the highest point, and I don't remember this happening but it's been awhile since I used it. Incidentally, it is a holster for a full sized, all steel 1911 so if there is a gun to test whether the hardware can retain a position under gun's weight, this would be a gun to use.

This is your review and I don't necessarily care to pollute it with my observations more than I have, but if you care, I can carry that 1911 over the weekend and see if the position holds.
    My solution to the problem that you're having would've been to ask Spencer to make a loop with holes, not slots, at a ride height of your choice.
    Thats a pretty good idea. I would be interested to hear how the 1911 does. I drive a lot and dry practice pretty extensively. This means a lot of drawing and reholstering. Im not to nice to my gun buckets [emoji28]

Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

I've been following this from the beginning, and at this point I don't get it.

You gave your review, stated your issues. Instead of contacting the manufacturer and attempting to resolve the issues, which would be a continuation of the review (customer service, how complaints are handled) you just keep posting about the same issue?

Would you do that with a new car? No, you take it to the dealer and let them correct the issue.

Several years ago I had a brand new $3800 pistol that was malfunctioning. I wrote my review and issues the gun had. Then I contacted Wilson Combat. They had the gun back to me in 5 days and running like a sewing machine. Sh$t happens, mistakes can be made. We are human. It's possible you received an out of "spec" holster. Contact Keepers!

Last edited by TCFD273; 06-09-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ob1sbo View Post

Damnit. Not again... Seems like every time I wear this it happens.

Send the holster back well set it where it needs to be based on your pics and send it back
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Sounds good! Ill shoot you a message!

Quote Originally Posted by Ob1sbo View Post
    Thats a pretty good idea. I would be interested to hear how the 1911 does. I drive a lot and dry practice pretty extensively. This means a lot of drawing and reholstering. Im not to nice to my gun buckets [emoji28]
    I actually don't drive as much as I used to but I'll probably put some anywhere from 60 to 80 miles this weekend. I am not nice to my holsters too but with the USPSA Nationals coming faster than I want, I am only dry firing my game guns out of my game rigs. Nonetheless, I'll post my observations on Sunday - Monday.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I actually don't drive as much as I used to but I'll probably put some anywhere from 60 to 80 miles this weekend. I am not nice to my holsters too but with the USPSA Nationals coming faster than I want, I am only dry firing my game guns out of my game rigs. Nonetheless, I'll post my observations on Sunday - Monday.
    You rock man. Cheers!

As promised. I carried my End of the Tunnel (insider joke between me and Ned) 1911, 5 inch all steel, in my Keeper set up at the highest loop position, over the weekend. I covered around 80 miles in a car, with seat belt resting just over the gun. I slept, walked, sat in it. On Saturday SecondsCount and I got together at the range and shot some together, so I got to draw and reholster live. Today I went and bounced around a little on my bike, no dirt though, just paved roads. At the end of it the holster was in exactly the same position as it was on Friday night when I took it out of the box. I never tightened the screws, not before I put it on, not during the wear. Maybe Gabe can tell us how his has held over the weekend class in Virginia but mine is working as intended.

As promised. I carried my End of the Tunnel (insider joke between me and Ned) 1911, 5 inch all steel, in my Keeper set up at the highest loop position, over the weekend. I covered around 80 miles in a car, with seat belt resting just over the gun. I slept, walked, sat in it. On Saturday SecondsCount and I got together at the range and shot some together, so I got to draw and reholster live. Today I went and bounced around a little on my bike, no dirt though, just paved roads. At the end of it the holster was in exactly the same position as it was on Friday night when I took it out of the box. I never tightened the screws, not before I put it on, not during the wear. Maybe Gabe can tell us how his has held over the weekend class in Virginia but mine is working as intended.
    Awesome man! Thanks for the feed back!

My Keeper hasn't moved on me ever, since 2012 I think it was that I got it? If it's not staying put I think something is amiss for sure.

I can't claim complete impartiality since Spencer is local and I would count him as a friend, but the truth is if they didn't keep working for me I wouldn't keep using them.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List