Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Would you mind sharing your background and experience?
    I do not mind at all! I am a 22 year old NRA and Rangemaster certified instructor. I carry a gun everyday in a strictly civilian non LEO capacity. I have spent a lot of time and money privately evaluating everything from guns to knives. I have been some what of a lurker of PF for a number of years only just recently joining. I followed TLG on his endurance tests and am an all around gun guy. Not really all the exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I have always wanted to try a keeper but the price has kept me away.
    I had the same mindset for a while. But to be honest I think a JMCK offers the same if not more. JMCK is also half the cost and as of 5/29/17 is better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Full disclosure. I do not have anything by JM. I have been a CCC fan since the Looper pre Shaggy days.
    I was a beta tester for Spencer when he first started.

In the last 5ish years, No one has spent more time shooting/teaching AIWB and applying that direct and collective knowledge to holster-making.

DB
    I have followed Spencer for a while and plan on a few classes of his. I just dont see anything out of this holster that costs $170. Its not personal at all, I just feel it is lacking.

This review is not an attack on Spencer as a person or the company Keepers Concealment. I just wanted to release a review that was objective. I will post my follow-up in the coming days! I also have some Holsters to add to my comparison thread.

Never mind..
    Last edited by Prdator; 05-29-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Never mind..
    I do want your thoughts though. This was intended to be an open dialogue. Please share your thoughts. I am always open to criticism.
    Last edited by Ob1sbo; 05-29-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ob1sbo View Post
    I do not mind at all! I am a 22 year old NRA and Rangemaster certified instructor. I carry a gun everyday in a strictly civilian non LEO capacity. I have spent a lot of time and money privately evaluating everything from guns to knives. I have been some what of a lurker of PF for a number of years only just recently joining. I followed TLG on his endurance tests and am an all around gun guy. Not really all the exciting...
    I strongly recommend getting into some sort of competitive shooting now and not getting sucked into only training at classes. I say that not to criticize, but to rather have someone else learn from my mistakes.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I strongly recommend getting into some sort of competitive shooting now and not getting sucked into only training at classes. I say that not to criticize, but to rather have someone else learn from my mistakes.
    Ah... I didn't think that was relevant but I also shoot uspsa. And thank you for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah... I didn't think that was relevant but I also shoot uspsa. And thank you for the input.
    It really was not relevant, just an observation of mine and something I wish I had been told a few years ago, that is "get a Dillon and go shoot competition." I'll stay on topic now
    #RESIST

But to be honest I think a JMCK offers the same if not more. JMCK is also half the cost and as of 5/29/17 is better quality.
    I've owned JMCK holsters for four different pistols and with two of those I couldn't use Tony's rigs. Subtle nuances of a design superimposed on my technique superimposed on those guns' ergos. While I have some issues with Keeper as well besides the price, I am yet to find a gun that I can't run out of this holster. I am impartial as well. Right now I carry a PX4 that works OK out of JMCK for me, so I use two different JMCK rigs for it. But if I was in a situation where I had to get one holster and run with it, no tryouts, no exchanges, sales and buying something else, it would be a Keeper and, considering its range of adjustments and ability to adapt, this is the exact advice I've given to people.
    So, in my experience, no, JMCK does not offer the same as Keeper does and, looking at about half dozen of holsters between the two makers laying around here, I see no quality difference. Not an attack on one maker or defense of another, just an objective reply.
    Last edited by YVK; 05-29-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've owned JMCK holsters for four different pistols and with two of those I couldn't use Tony's rigs. Subtle nuances of a design superimposed on my technique superimposed on those guns' ergos. While I have some issues with Keeper as well besides the price, I am yet to find a gun that I can't run out of this holster. I am impartial as well. Right now I carry a PX4 that works OK out of JMCK for me, so I use two different JMCK rigs for it. But if I was in a situation where I had to get one holster and run with it, no tryouts, no exchanges, sales and buying something else, it would be a Keeper and, considering its range of adjustments and ability to adapt, this is the exact advice I've given to people.
    So, in my experience, no, JMCK does not offer the same as Keeper does and, looking at about half dozen of holsters between the two makers laying around here, I see no quality difference. Not an attack on one maker or defense of another, just an objective reply.
    Thanks for the well put together response. I will have to disagree on quality however.

Im not to crazy about the finishing work on my sample. Granted this is a sample of one. But some of the finishing work, definition and the adhesive used is not were I would want it to be. I also wish the kydex was thicker, especially in regards to the sweat guard. Again, just my opinion though. Some may not care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ob1sbo; 05-29-2017 at 08:33 PM.

User Tag List