Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Bryce I don't think that version of the Keeper will address your criticisms.
    Understood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ob1sbo View Post
    Its awesome to have you comment! Thank you for the feed back. I may have to take you up on the hardware offer as I have a screwdriver placed out for when I get home (it is appropriately sized). I am curious what makes this wedge superior to something more rigid. I dont know that I want a foam wedge that I have to replace so often. On the note of the nut. I feel it may be unnecessary. I also think using rubber is more friendly to the end user with a negligible downside. My main issue was that the hardware and other aspects of the holster just didnt really seem to match the price point really.

Get a piece of 3/4" pipe insulation; cut to desired shape with a razor, then very carefully 'resurface' it with a heat gun or flame.

I cut a piece from a roll of industrial adhesive velcro from Amazon and trim carefully so it is smaller than the foam.

Cheap and easy to practice with until you get it right. Youy can also take advantage of the shape and create 'curled' pieces for the muzzle end of the holster.

Also, I changed to a single 'pull the dot' style belt attachment on mine; it works better for my body shape and requirements.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Keepers Concealment "Keeper" Review

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    It'll be on the website soon. It was in one of the last Recoil magazines under what the Pros Cary. Two of the five Pros featured carry our gear. �� It is Taylor built for Craig's specs a G17 Keeper that is a bit thinner than the normal keeper and comes with a split loop. We keep our narrow profile that allows the holster to work with most all bodies and has the ride height and cant adjustments that come with all our holsters.

Until it's on the website shoot Parker an email.

Thanks for the interest!
    So...what are the chances of getting one for a 226?

Edit to add, I think it's difficult to put a price on a holster that is comfortable, durable, and long term tested under real world pressure by SME's.
    Last edited by MGW; 05-27-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    So...what are the chances of getting one for a 226?

Edit to add, I think it's difficult to put a price on a holster that is comfortable, durable, and long term tested under real world pressure by SME's.
    Order one up on the Website!!!

Yes the Holster is the most important pice of gear you'll buy.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Order one up on the Website!!!

Yes the Holster is the most important pice of gear you'll buy.
    Shivworks version?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Shivworks version?
    The Shivworks is exclusively for the Glock 17 though we could make one for a 19-34 For the 226 order one with the split belt loop option and you'll have something Very close to it. Thanks !!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Get a piece of 3/4" pipe insulation; cut to desired shape with a razor, then very carefully 'resurface' it with a heat gun or flame.

I cut a piece from a roll of industrial adhesive velcro from Amazon and trim carefully so it is smaller than the foam.

Cheap and easy to practice with until you get it right. Youy can also take advantage of the shape and create 'curled' pieces for the muzzle end of the holster.

Also, I changed to a single 'pull the dot' style belt attachment on mine; it works better for my body shape and requirements.
    Its cool that mod worked. I am however not a fan of modifying holsters after buying them. Thats just me though. Addressing the other posts, SME's or no I still feel it is laking. I have more things that standout I will address in the follow up.

Would you mind sharing your background and experience?

I have always wanted to try a keeper but the price has kept me away.

Site Supporter
    Full disclosure. I do not have anything by JM. I have been a CCC fan since the Looper pre Shaggy days.
    I was a beta tester for Spencer when he first started.

In the last 5ish years, No one has spent more time shooting/teaching AIWB and applying that direct and collective knowledge to holster-making.

DB

User Tag List