Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eotech Vudu 1-6x w/SR1 reticle review.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post

...but it is actually visibly illuminated at some point rather than at no point. Yes, you do pay 1800 bucks for an optic with nuclear bright FFP reticle, lopro zs bdc turrets, combat proven track record, true 1x-6x, and 17oz weight.
    The MK 6 is great at 6x but a fail at 1x and it cost Kahles money. FFP and exposed turrets make no sense to me on any 1x optic.

At this point, if you need a serious use 1-6x you either accept the weight of the Vortex Razor or accept the cost of a Kahles or S&B.

Third choice is the Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5 SFP or go 1-5 with a Steiner.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The MK 6 is great at 6x but a fail at 1x and it cost Kahles money. FFP and exposed turrets make no sense to me on any 1x optic.

At this point, if you need a serious use 1-6x you either accept the weight of the Vortex Razor or accept the cost of a Kahles or S&B.

I prefer it on 1x to my K16i

I honestly have more confidence in the Vudu's exposed turrets than I did on my Steiner T5xi's capped turrets. My Steiner's turrets slipped on me twice after spending hours and about $100 worth of ammo dialing in my zero and checking my clicks in preparation for a matchs.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    I honestly have more confidence in the Vudu's exposed turrets than I did on my Steiner T5xi's capped turrets. My Steiner's turrets slipped on me twice after spending hours and about $100 worth of ammo dialing in my zero and checking my clicks in preparation for a matchs.
    I thought leupold and nightforce had put this "exposed is bad" to bed years ago?
    How many scopes have capped diopter adjustments? Capped power selectors? Well darn

Site Supporter
    I thought leupold and nightforce had put this "exposed is bad" to bed years ago?
    How many scopes have capped diopter adjustments? Capped power selectors? Well darn
    Exposed is fine on a precision rifle where you might atctually dial. On a 1x general purpose or duty rifle ? No way.

My working rifle spends too much time jammed between the front seats and on the floorboards for that.

For what I actually use a rifle for I need the 1x 85% of the time with an occasional need for magnification. You use and needs may vary.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-02-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Exposed is fine on a precision rifle where you might atctually dial. On a 1x general purpose or duty rifle ? No way.

My working rifle spends too much time jammed between the front seats and on the floorboards for that.

For what I actually use a rifle for I need the 1x 85% of the time with an occasional need for magnification. You use and needs may vary.
    Why does it matter where you store the rifle? I understand your application, but the low-pro turrets on my MK6 don't take up any extra space, and are only "value added".

Site Supporter
    Why does it matter where you store the rifle? I understand your application, but the low-pro turrets on my MK6 don't take up any extra space, and are only "value added".
    You don't clearly understand my application. I'm not talking about "storing" a rifle. I'm talking about having one ready for immediate use in a vehicle. Things get knocked around, bumped etc all the time. It not about extra space it's about knowing the adjustments are where they are supposed to be when I need the rifle. When I need my rifle, I need it right now, there is no time to be messing with it or checking anything.

You don't clearly understand my application. I'm not talking about "storing" a rifle. I'm talking about having one ready for immediate use in a vehicle. Things get knocked around, bumped etc all the time. It not about extra space it's about knowing the adjustments are where they are supposed to be when I need the rifle. When I need my rifle, I need it right now, there is no time to be messing with it or checking anything.
    Never heard of MK6 turrets getting somehow knocked into play. I'm sure it COULD happen, but then the diopter could get all twisted around and you'd see a big blurr. Maybe if you didn't have locking turrets it would be more an issue>?

Site Supporter
    Never heard of MK6 turrets getting somehow knocked into play. I'm sure it COULD happen, but then the diopter could get all twisted around and you'd see a big blurr. Maybe if you didn't have locking turrets it would be more an issue>?
    I T&E 'ed a MK6 and I really wanted to like it, the glass and reticle at 6x were great but for me the dot disapearing unless you had perfect head position was a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    It's definitely a true 1x. Better than I've seen on any LPVO.

That's not magnification in the 1x pic, it's just a distortion likely due to the angle of my iPhone camera when I snapped the pic.

Definitely not Aimpoint/daylight bright but it's still plenty useable. I haven't seen a FFP reticle in any LPVO that has been daylight bright illumination.
    USO

User Tag List