Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eotech Vudu 1-6x w/SR1 reticle review.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    USO
    Which model???
    Do they even currently make a true 1x-?
    Everything in the 1.5-6 & 1-8x range is listed as "Discontinued" on their website....
    Last edited by NickDrak; 06-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.

@NickDrak

Bumping this for further thoughts from you. Still liking the Vudu?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I was skeptical on them until we got some in the shop, but it's surprisingly one of the better LPV's at 1x though the reticle gets kinda thick at 6X. It's also built really well and there's a promo for $125 back from Eotech that just started. I know the reluctance of trusting Eotech again, but they seem to be improving on their overall quality lately.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    @NickDrak

Bumping this for further thoughts from you. Still liking the Vudu?
    Still very, very happy with it. Just wrapped up a 3-day Designated Marksman school put on by the FBI at their range in North Chicago, IL.

I also shot pretty well with it last month at the National Patrol Rifle Championship (NPRC) in Michigan.

The Mil hash marks on my SR1 are pretty thick as mentioned above, but it's not a sniper scope and I find the reticle to be very useable on 6x. The 1MOA center dot on 6x works great for me.

The only thing that I would say is sub-optimal on the Vudu is the illumination. It is still very useable though. It isn't red dot bright, but I haven't had any issues picking up the reticle in super bright sunlight from CQB out to 300yds.

Throughout the FBI class this week I was consistently shooting the highest scores on the longer scored standards they had us shoot out to 100-240yds on QIT and bullseye targets.

I'm shooting the Frank Proctor class here in IL next weekend so I will follow up afterwards.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 07-22-2017 at 07:20 PM.

For the folks that have poopoo'd this optic for whatever reason(s) I'd be curious to hear what better options, and why, exist at the same price? As well as what else you give up on when selecting those options.

I'll also add that the Vudu feels better built with better quality knobs than any other LPVO i've seen for the sub $1100 price point (I paid $1055 on Ebay). Build quality is on par with the Vortex Razor HD which runs $200-$350 more on average than the Vudu.

@NickDrak

How's the VUDU working out?

Did you consider the SR2 reticle?
    Last edited by hiro; 09-15-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added the SR2 question

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    @NickDrak

How's the VUDU working out?

Did you consider the SR2 reticle?
    Still digging it....

I ran it during the FBI DMR class I attended at the end of July. Was able shoot at the top of the class on almost every course of fire during the 3-day class. I'm building a new upper that the Vudu will be dedicated to for work.

What are the best prices for a 1-6x Vudu right now? Were you able to find LE pricing at some point? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

@DanM get in contact with @CS Tactical. He answered some of my questions about the Vudu a couple of months ago. And he's a site sponsor.
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 10-22-2017 at 11:12 AM.

User Tag List