Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech Vudu 1-6x w/SR1 reticle review.

Eotech Vudu 1-6x w/SR1 reticle review.

I've been running a LPVO for several years on my work & play guns and wanted to give my initial impressions and a ongoing review on the new Eotech Vudu 1-6x w/SR1 reticle. I recently sold my Steiner T5xi 1-5x to help fund the Eotech Vudu. Prior to the Steiner 1-5x, I ran a Vortex Razor HD Gen2 1-6x for a few years. Before that I ran a Trijicon TR24G 1-4x.

I just picked up the 1-6x Vudu with the SR1 reticle off of eBay. I would have searched for LE pricing if I had more time but I needed to have it in hand by this week so I could get it mounted, zeroed, and get a few range sessions in before I head up to the NPRC (National Patrol Rifle Championship) up near Detroit next week. I paid $1055.00 shipped for it from OutdoorUSA and received it in 3 business days.

Here's my initial impressions so far....

Feels very well built (made in Japan).

Glass appears to be as clear/bright as my Vortex Razor HD G2 1-6 and my Steiner T5xi 1-5.

I really dig the illumination buttons. Very nice execution.

Not crazy about the fact that it has exposed turrets, but they feel heavy duty with very positive clicks.

The thread-on throw lever is a nice touch.

Here's a few pics:

Name:  IMG_8313.jpg
Views: 5847
Size:  61.5 KB
    SR1 reticle @ 1x
    Name:  IMG_8325.jpg
Views: 19913
Size:  39.6 KB
    Name:  BD5794C4-6E02-4F63-9C2C-6BED695B1139.jpg
Views: 6153
Size:  17.6 KB
    iStrelok app screen shot:
    Name:  IMG_8333.jpg
Views: 8042
Size:  21.3 KB

More to follow after I hit the range tomorrow & Friday....
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-24-2017 at 06:58 PM.

What does this optic do that can't be done by an item made by a company whose entire existence hasn't been turd soup?
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    What does this optic do that can't be done by an item made by a company whose entire existence hasn't been turd soup?
    Well, It has the best FFP reticle I've seen on any LPVO regarding the 1x reticle and the illumination throughout the entire magnification range.

The illumination controls are different than anything else in its league and they seem to work awesome so far.

It's lighter that the Vortex Razor HD 1-6 by like a half a pound.

So there's that stuff....since you asked.

I've been running LPVO's on my work & play guns for almost a decade so I thought someone out there on the Interwebs might be interested in my opinion on this one?

It's an LPVO review of a brand new market option, dude....If you want to beat a dead horse about Eotechs holographic sight debacle you can probably find a million other threads to poop on.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-24-2017 at 07:20 PM.

I asked a genuine question for members who may not have $1000 extra dollars to waste on any brand of optic, and are looking for more information, and comparison to existing similar products. Including me. Sorry if bringing their business practices into the equation hurt your feelings. But because I know how they handled their other business, and because I too have been shooting with LPVOs for over a decade, asking for a comparison to similar items doesn't feel like it's too much to ask.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 05-24-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I asked a genuine question for members who may not have $1000 extra dollars to waste on any brand of optic, and are looking for more information, and comparison to existing similar products. Sorry if bringing their business practices into the equation hurt your feelings.
    And I answered your question, no?

No worries about my feelings. I think they'll be ok.

Sorry if my review brought up memories of something that really doesn't have anything to do with my review.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-24-2017 at 07:35 PM.

I asked a genuine question for members who may not have $1000 extra dollars to waste on any brand of optic, and are looking for more information, and comparison to existing similar products. Including me. Sorry if bringing their business practices into the equation hurt your feelings. But because I know how they handled their other business, and because I too have been shooting with LPVOs for over a decade, asking for a comparison to similar items doesn't feel like it's too much to ask.
    What has this features for less that is adequate
    i used to wannabe

How do you like it compared to your Steiner? I have the same T5 1-5 and love it. It's been my favorite LPV so far. Really like the Aimpoint bright dot. Is the Eotech reticle daytime visible?
    Shoot more, post less...

I really liked the Steiner T5xi for a bunch of reasons, but didn't care for the turrets on mine. The clicks were kinda mushy and the method required to return the knobs to "0" didn't work well for me. I actually had my elevation knob slip and loose about 15 clicks after spending the entire day working on my zero and the accuracy of the clicks. Happened a couple of other times after tightening down the set screws. If the Steiner had 6x and better quality turrets it would probably be on my gun right meow.

It's been overcast here the past few days so I haven't gotten to test the illumination performance in bright daylight, but the illumination is definitely bright enough in No-light against a light colored background while being backlit by a 600 lumen Surefire Scout light.

Thanks for the review. I'm currently considering a LPV for duty use and this looks like it might be a contender. I need daylight visible reticle though...

As usual with EOTech........probably have a reticle that's great at both low power and high power. The fact that can't be done by an item made by a company whose entire existence hasn't been turd soup continues to annoy me. I'd like to say it "amazes me" too, but unfortunately it doesn't.

NickDrak, can you post a picture of the reticle at 6x (actual, not just illustration).

User Tag List