Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Islamic Jihad or Islamophobia? A Matter of Perspective....

Fighting Islamic Jihad or Islamophobia? A Matter of Perspective....

Watching Sky News live yesterday, I could see this at work in a rally cum news conference with Manchester politicians and police. It seemed to be more about "anti-hate" than the catastrophe staring them in the face.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2667...iel-greenfield
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Very interesting article.

I saw the video of Chief Constable Ian Hopkins stating that they will not tolerate acts of hate in the community. I'm sure that means something different to him than it does me. That means to me that they are going to put the smack down on radical islam in Manchester, but I know that means to him that they are going to be watching everybody else closely to make sure no one makes a jihadi feel bad. Talk about screwed up priorities. With this mindset, another attack is inevitable.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Nothing meaningful is likely to change. The self-inflicted consequences of political correctness will continue here and abroad and people will call for and/or tolerate more restrictions on their lives in an effort to feel better about their denial and dysfunctional thinking.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Perhaps I view this from a different angle.

Frankly "Islamic terrorism" is a symptom: the core problem is that there always has been,currently are,and will always be people who want to hurt others. You don't need to cross an international border to find folks of that nature.

Whether the "cause" is terrorism, financial , political, or "homie wore green on the 6300 block", it's all excuses for sick people to hurt other people. Declaring war on the "cause" only legitimizes the murderers.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

pho·bi·a 1
    [ˈfōbēə]
    NOUN
    an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

It's not a phobia unless it's an extreme or irrational fear and it's not irrational when it's the antithesis to our society and the U.S. Constitution.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 05-24-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

Frankly "Islamic terrorism" is a symptom: the core problem is that there always has been,currently are,and will always be people who want to hurt others. You don't need to cross an international border to find folks of that nature.

Whether the "cause" is terrorism, financial , political, or "homie wore green on the 6300 block", it's all excuses for sick people to hurt other people. Declaring war on the "cause" only legitimizes the murderers.
    Mmmm....

Causes me to wonder where that "sick" mind comes from?

Out of the ether? Eating the wrong food? Poor toilet training as a tot? The Devil makes them do it?

It couldn't have anything to do with the murderous ideology of Islamic jihad? You know, the "death to the infidels" crowd, throw the homosexuals off of tall buildings? Honor killings of women? The Caliphate's plans to rule the world?

In the 1930's and 1940's there were a lot of "sick" people in Germany. They marched and murdered under the Nazi banner....but we succeeded by not naming the sickness that lay at the heart of their infamy, that would have legitimized them. No, we just killed the sick people.

Derp.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Mmmm....

Causes me to wonder where that "sick" mind comes from?
    There's a can of worms, right there.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Placating and coddling those who mean us harm or would kill us does little to enhance survival.

If I face a threat to life and limb from another, it matters not a whit to me whether the person be sociopath, psychopath, misanthropist, ideologue, zealot, religious fanatic, supremacist, nationalist, racist or any other manner of being possessing a particular state of mind or belief.

My goal and intent will be to neutralize the threat via the most pragmatic means available to me. Coddling, wheedling, sympathizing and putting myself in their position is not among the options unless it is a ploy to gain time to put my plan into effect.

How we got here is not the immediate problem. Dealing with the threat is the immediate problem. Taking steps to prevent its happening again (on any level: personal, national, political etc) can be addressed later on from a position of strength.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

Ok. So what now? Do we ignore the common thread associated with the latest rash of crazy people expressing their crazy, just cause there are other crazy folks out there? Not quite sure what you are trying to get at.

Site Supporter
    If you want a handle on religiously affiliated terrorists - read Terror in the Name of God by Jessica Stern. Noted expert and gets to the core of these monsters from the major religions. She's an academic:

https://jessicasternbooks.com/books/...e-name-of-god/

and highly respected.

User Tag List