Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Princess Di, the royal family, British TV, & other off-topic posts

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Princess Di, the royal family, British TV, & other off-topic posts

I'm sitting in the waiting room of a hospital right now, and CBS is airing a special about Princess Diana. You know, because that's the most important thing going on in the UK at the moment.... Sheesus.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm sitting in the waiting room of a hospital right now, and CBS is airing a special about Princess Diana. You know, because that's the most important thing going on in the UK at the moment.... Sheesus.
    I'm only 33... Please tell me why she is such a big deal in the US.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I'm only 33... Please tell me why she is such a big deal in the US.
    She was a real-life fairy tale princess, and we got to watch her fairy tale wedding live on TV. I'll never forget that dress and train.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    She was a real-life fairy tale princess, and we got to watch her fairy tale wedding live on TV. I'll never forget that dress and train.
    Ahh, entirely outta my wheelhouse. Makes sense though.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

You never worked her protective detail then!

She was a media created, imaginary fairy tale princess, and we got to watch her fairy tale wedding live on TV. I'll never forget that dress and train.
    FIFY
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

And here I thought it was the doughnut licking incident. FWIW, when I hear "fairy tale wedding" I think Charles and Diana or William and Kate. Ariana Grande, not so much.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 05-23-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    And here I thought it was the doughnut licking incident. FWIW, when I hear "fairy tale wedding" I think Charles and Diana or William and Kate. Ariana Grande, not so much.
    Somebody, shake Kevin...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    A bit of digression for which I apologise. Charles is, and always has been, an urban spaceman.......head in the clouds. Thanks to the short lived mothers influence, both William and Harry have turned out OK, feet solidly on the ground. Kate continues to keep William honest, at university she even told him that he needed to get things out of his system and if he still wanted to continue the relationship to come back when he had made decisions/got things out of his system. Harry? The troops love Harry, he is truly one of the lads, albeit it with a title and some money - that said though when I was a Lance Corporal one of my best mates was an infantry Private who also had a title, how the title is used depends on the person holding it. But, yup, William and Harry make a good team and do some stupendous work.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuteur View Post
    A bit of digression for which I apologise. Charles is, and always has been, an urban spaceman.......head in the clouds. Thanks to the short lived mothers influence, both William and Harry have turned out OK, feet solidly on the ground. Kate continues to keep William honest, at university she even told him that he needed to get things out of his system and if he still wanted to continue the relationship to come back when he had made decisions/got things out of his system. Harry? The troops love Harry, he is truly one of the lads, albeit it with a title and some money - that said though when I was a Lance Corporal one of my best mates was an infantry Private who also had a title, how the title is used depends on the person holding it. But, yup, William and Harry make a good team and do some stupendous work.
    Both young men seem like decent sorts.....but Harry, definitely the only guy in the Royal Family I'd "ride the river" with.

User Tag List