Thread: Unity tactical clutch belt

Unity tactical clutch belt

Does anyone have any experience with the unity tactical clutch belt? I was wondering if it could be used as an owb appendix carry system for range and courses. Seems like it could double as a home battle belt for quick access in middle of the night. It's tough to tell from the pictures if it's useful or just gimmicky. There aren't many reviews online either. Here's a link if allowed

http://www.unitytactical.com/shop/clutch-belt/

I have experience with something similar that had a small run and cannot disclose the details but it was very similar.

The point behind it was to allow a person to have rifle mags, blades, med kit and comm stuff easily attachable(and removeable) to a person who is low vis. It is meant for concealed carry types and while it's an interesting idea I found that for the average person it really has no purpose in daily use.

As you stated for HD or a to bag, might be a good idea to have one stuff which you can throw on under your shirt or around your boxers.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It looks good for the sort of use VDM is speaking to, or for a more versatile belly band type of system.

It seems designed with the intent to be able to put a kydex insert for more firearm retention if you wanted to use it seriously.

I don't think I would choose it for an appendix alternative for classes. If you want an AOWB solution, the JRC leather SSA is exceptional. Or just get one of the kydex shops to build you an AOWB holster with an offset hanger or some such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE

As you stated for HD or a to bag, might be a good idea to have one stuff which you can throw on under your shirt or around your boxers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, this was my thought too since in the middle of the night I could avoid stuffing a pistol into my boxers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    It looks good for the sort of use VDM is speaking to, or for a more versatile belly band type of system.

It seems designed with the intent to be able to put a kydex insert for more firearm retention if you wanted to use it seriously.

I don't think I would choose it for an appendix alternative for classes. If you want an AOWB solution, the JRC leather SSA is exceptional. Or just get one of the kydex shops to build you an AOWB holster with an offset hanger or some such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good info on an aowb holster, thank you

User Tag List