Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR: Tom Givens, Advanced Combative Pistol, 3 Day w/ Vehicle Defense Module, 5/19/17

Sorry, wrong Givens. Here is Tom:

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Almost looks as if Farnam is cross eye dominant. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by acpjunkie View Post
    In addition to what Mr Weems said,

Thumbs up, locks the wrist in a better position than a thumbs forward position. To get a good thumbs forward grip we have to tilt our wrists towards the direction we want our thumbs to go. This posistions our wrists at a 'weaker' posistion than thumbs high. A strong wrist posistion is much preferable for any sort of possible weapons grab scenario, in addition to better control for higher recoiling weapons. Thumbs forward gives greater control in a low recoiling pistol and in a non-social interaction events.
    It's interesting. But I always thought Surf's explanation and videos on the superior strength of the wrists tilted forward was more convincing and true for my wrists. That seemed to be proven out on the heavy bag too. Stronger for recoil control in shooting that is. I'm not sure about retention but from the small bit of such work on that I've done I concluded there are other position/leverage factors for the hands/arms and pistol that were bigger factors.

I hope to see that explored further on the thread.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List