Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Media (social and otherwise) coverage of the Striker Control Device

The SCD moving is "distracting". I guess they've never shot a hammer fired pistol before?

Finely tuned athletic machine Kyle Reese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The SCD moving is "distracting". I guess they've never shot a hammer fired pistol before?
    Most of them just parrot what they've seen Cleetus McGulliver's YouTube channel, or read on various forums. I doubt that any are serious shooters.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    How utterly and pathetically lame.
    ...and just like that, I woke up one morning and the America I knew and loved was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Comments there make me think I found the venue of the 2017 World's dumbest person competition.
    I've wanted to be an active SCD proponent, but the exhibited derpalanche is why I just keep my mouth shut. As much as I would like to help increase people's safety and help Tom's business, my blood pressure is bad enough as it is.
    "Trying is the first step toward irritating those around you who know better." - @angry_prof

I must be the only one who likes it moving.

happy sharps enabler Totem Polar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    I must be the only one who likes it moving.
    I sort of dig it too.

Hell, it's not like there's any soul in a Glock to leak out the back, so let's add a little interest, to say nothing of the safety benefits.

happy sharps enabler Totem Polar's Avatar
    You should make all the Gadgets orange. How come we don't have orange gadgets? Maybe the Gen 5s should fly the P-F colors. Be easier to keep track of the pistols when digging through 26s and 19s in the safe.

when you make them for the SD9VE, and I get both a gadget and gun of the same, I want mine in orange.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

what i find distracting is the massive explosion from my 9mm and the whole top of my gun moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    what i find distracting is the massive explosion from my 9mm and the whole top of my gun moving.
    You're not focusing on the back plate enough, if you're finding the slide and explosion distracting...

I'm finding that movement of the SCD helpful when working with new shooters. I'm able to have multiple points to watch when focusing on their trigger manipulation.

User Tag List