Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "I would buy a modern Webley"...

Site Supporter
    Damn...that and the Bowen gat. Holy crap those are some fine pistols.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Only about two grand apiece for a .32.
    Yes, that is definitely pricey. Comparing this to the gun in the original post, $10,000 is completely outside of anything I am likely to ever be able to justify spending on a gun. $2,000 is comparable to multiple popular rifles as well as multiple 1911's (although if I were to part with $2,000, I'd rather have a good 1911).

I do hope the Indian gun at least sells well on India.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Not to diminish the efforts of the magnificent Anderson Wheeler recreation, but it's always been a bit of a question in my mind my why William Ruger, with his penchant for applying modern manufacturing techniques and materials to ostensibly classic firearms never recreated a Ruger Webley. I still think today that it would be a superb revolver, both operationally and aesthetically, and a very effective one for both general use and IDPA competition.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 05-24-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Between loving the looks and history of the Webley, and my first handgun being an H&R model 999, I have a thing for top break revolvers. Would love to have one again.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Leave it to the Brits. Why not a Modern Mk VI in .45acp using clips?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I was keenly interested when Detonics planned to release a top break in the 1980s

http://www.mythicarmory.com/detonics...top-break.html

"I would buy a modern Webley"...

Since Indian revolvers were brought up, there's also the Nidar which by Googles math comes in at 8.8 ounces for a 8 shot .22lr. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/50805519.cms

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"
    Last edited by Eastex; 05-26-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Site Supporter
    So, why would I buy a $10,000 reproduction Webley or a $2,000 Indian Webley-like revolver instead of just buying a Webley if I really wanted one? They seem to be pretty readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Between loving the looks and history of the Webley, and my first handgun being an H&R model 999, I have a thing for top break revolvers. Would love to have one again.
    My LGS has two for sale; an unmolested .455 with canvas holster and the smaller .38 S&W. If I could swing it I'd buy both because..old British war movies.
    Last edited by Wobblie; 05-26-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

How much are they asking on either?

User Tag List