Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: NRA Range

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Which day of the week is the range usually the quietest during business hours?
    I think the ammo shortage is catching up to a lot of people. It's been dead, for the past few weeks, on Friday mornings.

Monday morning isn't bad. Friday morning is good as well, as jv said.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

We are diminished
    It's only open Mondays and Fridays during business hours. Tuesday the range is closed for competitions and We/Th it does not open until 5pm.

Historically, the range is quieter from late spring through early autumn because people are either (a) shooting outdoors or (b) engaging in activities other than shooting. Combined with the significant impact that the ammo shortage is having on people -- including the inability to purchase much ammo at the range itself -- you've got far, far fewer people on the line during the day than, say, six months ago.

I got there around 12:30 today, there were two or three open lanes, and I was able to shoot for two and a half hours without being kicked off due to a waiting list.

Normally, I think Mondays are a little quieter than Fridays but it varies enough that there's never a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It's only open Mondays and Fridays during business hours. Tuesday the range is closed for competitions and We/Th it does not open until 5pm.
    I made the mistake of posting before checking the hours. For some reason I thought they were open during the day on more days.

Anyways, my trips to practice have been far too infrequent lately, so I'm hoping to take my time and work on the fundamentals to knock the rust off. I'm going to take a day or two off in the upcoming weeks and get my butt out there.

Hurray...
    Had a pistol pointed at me, not once, but twice today. Two different people too...
    And the rifle I brought went down... *sigh*

Thankfully the Range staff was awesome as usual.

The range staff is good but this stuff still happens way too frequently.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Site Supporter
    It's a federal holiday weekend, it may as well be a gun show weekend ....

Had a pistol pointed at me, not once, but twice today. Two different people too...
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It's a federal holiday weekend, it may as well be a gun show weekend ....
    It happened last Saturday afternoon, not today. And both were malfunction related, which I guess is slightly better than "HAAAY EDEEBUDY, LOOK ET ME MUZZAL!!"

*shrug*

User Tag List