Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester/Possible terrorist attack in UK

Seems to me this is better than a fucking hashtag.

Now would be a good time for the UK to ask "What Would Bomber Harris Do?"
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Now would be a good time for the UK to ask "What Would Bomber Harris Do?"
    Today?

Be indicted for war crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I think these gentlemen might have a set of keys to the Traitor's Gate:

Attachment 16865

After all, he's already got the right tool for the job. I'm sure he can find an old oak stump somewhere.
    If you can ever get them out of the bar. The Yeoman Warders, or Beefeaters, as they are known, do indeed have their own club/bar inside the Tower of London and they have their housing inside the Tower grounds too.

And an American related Beefeater fact: Tom Clancy, RIP, was so impressed with their assistance, re. Royalty and the British Army, when writing that he flew a whole bundle of them and families over to the US to help celebrate his birthday on board a big grey ship he rented/borrowed/stole from Uncle Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's fun to watch when they do the ceremony of the keys and the long guns are brought out. Right tool for the right job and all that.
    I had a mate who was former Welsh Guards, he had the privilege of doing duty at the Tower several times over the years. He told me that they can only spend 20 minutes out on show being harassed by the tourists. Not because of the abuse, no. But because they have 10 pound and 20 pound notes with names phone and numbers written on rolled up and pushed down the barrel of their rifle and the barrel only has a maximum capacity of 20 minutes in that context.
    Last edited by Chuteur; 05-24-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I think these gentlemen might have a set of keys to the Traitor's Gate:

Attachment 16865

After all, he's already got the right tool for the job. I'm sure he can find an old oak stump somewhere.
    That is a Halberd, not an ax. It is primarily for enemy killing horses.

Tom, please register polearms-forum.com

Site Supporter
    So one of the suspects arrested in the U.K. is a female. Wonder if she was a handler / scout present at the bombing. The Palestinians were known to use females in these roles.

IS is saying the attack was carried out by it's soldiers (plural) in their graphics.

Name:  IMG_1287.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  52.8 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 05-24-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuteur View Post
    If you can ever get them out of the bar. The Yeoman Warders, or Beefeaters, as they are known, do indeed have their own club/bar inside the Tower of London and they have their housing inside the Tower grounds too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuteur View Post
    I had a mate who was former Welsh Guards, he had the privilege of doing duty at the Tower several times over the years. He told me that they can only spend 20 minutes out on show being harassed by the tourists. Not because of the abuse, no. But because they have 10 pound and 20 pound notes with names phone and numbers written on rolled up and pushed down the barrel of their rifle and the barrel only has a maximum capacity of 20 minutes in that context.
    When I attended back in 2002, it was a night at the Tower arranged for law enforcement guests only. (The U.S. Embassy arranged for my partner and me to attend.) We had a more exhaustive tour of the premises compared to the standard tours (from what we were told) and the evening was completed by a few hours drinking in the YW's bar where a good time was had by all. I even won a prize...one of the Metropolitan Police whistles.

As I've mentioned previously on this forum, the first folks I heard from on 9/11 were my colleagues at the Met. That show of solidarity meant the world to me, and that same depth of camaraderie and concern is returned on my part toward all of our brothers and sisters in the UK.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So one of the suspects arrested in the U.K. is a female. Wonder if she was a handler / scout present at the bombing. The Palestinians were known to use females in these roles.

IS is saying the attack was carried out by it's soldiers (plural) in their graphics.

Name:  IMG_1287.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  52.8 KB
    ANYONE, involved in counter terrorism at the pointy operational end, AND any police officer involved in armed emergency response should read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Women-F.../dp/0679415963

Shoot The Women First.

Many interviews and an analysis which gives an insight into women in terrorism. They are more focused, more pragmatic and more likely to put a bullet into someone than their male counterparts.

Still relevant today, buy it, $4 or $5, and pass it around your team mates. The life you save may be your own.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Manchester bomber Salman Abedi's father and brother arrested, linked to ISIS, Al Qaeda
    The family that slays together, stays together.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List