Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester/Possible terrorist attack in UK

Quote Originally Posted by Chuteur View Post
    The danger is that as ISIS becomes destroyed as a 'military force' they will scatter and become a terrorist force. At the moment we know where they are, if they scatter the task of hunting them becomes more difficult and you react to events rather than proactively sweeping up the rubbish.
    It's always been part and parcel of their M.O. and reminds me of some of the tactics utilized in the middle east and North Africa during the colonial wars of the prior century, albeit enhanced by modern communications and technology.

These roaches are going to be very, very hard to eradicate. As you say, the nests can be broken up far easier than sweeping up the detritus.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The concept of the punitive expedition is due for a comeback.
    I long for the day when some USMC captain will give the command "Prepare to storm the palace.... CHARGE!!!!" only for real.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I think I'd prefer...

Let's use a few more of those, before we put (more?) boots on the ground.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List