Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester/Possible terrorist attack in UK

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester/Possible terrorist attack in UK

Unfolding, from BBC News:

Police have confirmed a "number of fatalities" following reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena.

Witnesses reported hearing a "huge bang" following an Ariana Grande gig at Manchester Arena.

A number of eyewitnesses have described the confusion in the aftermath.

Robert Tempkin, 22, from Middlesbrough, said: "Everyone was screaming and running, there were coats and people's phones on the floor. People just dropped everything.

"Some people were screaming they'd seen blood but other people were saying it was balloons busting or a speaker had been popped.

"There were lots of ambulances. I saw somebody being treated. I couldn't tell what had happened to him."
    Can't help but jump to conclusions, but concerts do have pyrotechnics, heavy equipment, et cetera.
    Last edited by Chance; 05-22-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Nowadays, every time I hear about sudden fatalities in a public place, one side of me is thinking "I hope it's not terrorists" while the other side is thinking "it's probably terrorists."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Possible terrorist attack in UK

Reports of an explosion at a concert in the Uk. Will update, or others can update, as this develops.

Initial reports say concert had ended and lights come on and loud explosion with smoke. Two concert goers reporting see blood splattered on the walls.

Looks like the explosion was in the foyer, and happened just after the concert ended.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Per Fox: Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. 1 to 2 possible explosions at a kiosk (assume that means ticket counter). Possible 5 casualties. Unknown injuries. No definitive evidence that it's terror related. First reports and all will obviously need updating as facts surface.

NBC says 20+ dead. Let's hope the media is reliable in their inaccurate early reporting

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/de...turing-n763286
    Last edited by theJanitor; 05-22-2017 at 07:02 PM.

From CNN (yeah, I know) is that Local LEOs are being briefed that at least one explosion OUTSIDE the arena.
    Manchester PD just confirmed 19 fatalities.

Just heard on fox that police are working the angle that this was a suicide bomber. First responders are reporting that they are finding nails embedded in bomb sight. Sounding more and more like a terrorist attack to me. Honestly, I know it drives my family crazy, but this is why I hate to go to crowded venues.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-22-2017 at 07:24 PM.

I'm a little weary of Fox's breaking news coverage, but it is sounding like a terrorist attack. It was in the foyer, away from the stage and most of the stuff that could have had a catastrophic malfunction, and some witnesses are reporting hearing two separate explosions. BBC is now reporting 19 dead, 50 wounded.

User Tag List