Thread: Heads Up: Robar NP3-Coated OEM Glock Action Parts In Stock at Robar

Heads Up: Robar NP3-Coated OEM Glock Action Parts In Stock at Robar

Says seven are available for 1st-3rd Generation 9x19 Glocks: https://robarguns.com/pro-shop/produ...-trigger-shoe/

Well, five now as I bought two for my NPE G26 and a G19.

cool

I have a complete set of G34 internals that Charlie Vanek massaged. I should get them done in NP3+ just so I can have the world's most expensive stock trigger.

Internet rumor has it that the same things can essentially be accomplished with 500-1000 rounds of ammunition, burnishing the components trough actual use.....

Best, Jon

Vending Machine Operator
    I have heard good things about NP3, but Glocks are not exactly known for corrosion issues.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Internet rumor has it that the same things can essentially be accomplished with 500-1000 rounds of ammunition, burnishing the components trough actual use.....

Best, Jon
    Not exactly.

I have two sets of internals/trigger parts done in NP3, have had them about a year now. I had the trigger bar, firing pin, firing pin safety, connector, and trigger pin all coated. Things were very smooth right from the get-go, one can clean any carbon off of the parts by wiping with a dry paper towel, and what minimal need there is for lube with the Glocks is even less so. I'm a fan.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Not exactly.

I have two sets of internals/trigger parts done in NP3, have had them about a year now. I had the trigger bar, firing pin, firing pin safety, connector, and trigger pin all coated. Things were very smooth right from the get-go, one can clean any carbon off of the parts by wiping with a dry paper towel, and what minimal need there is for lube with the Glocks is even less so. I'm a fan.
    I've always been intrigued by this process, particularly as it applies to the AR but I can see where it could be equally compelling for a handgun.

Haven't jumped yet and don't know if I will or would but it does have its allure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Not exactly.

NP3 has intrigued me through the years, although the only components that I think I've actually had it applied to is the Wolff TCU on my Beretta, and possibly (FN/Browning and MecGar and everyone else is pretty close-mouthed about it) on the magazine tubes of my FN Hi Power .40's magazines.

The essential benefit that seems to be derived regarding its application to the Glock components discussed would be constant, even lubrication-that does not serve as an attractant for GSR, etc. That makes sense. While it also inherently imparts anti-corrosive features, as LockedBreach said, rust isn't exactly noted for occurring on these components anyhow-I seem to recall that they're nickle-plated from the get-go by Glock.

Hey, any feature that adds positive benefits without a downside is worthy of consideration. But just treating these components with either a light protective coating film of Weapon Shield, TW25B, and/or Lucas Red and Tacky #2 seems to be working just fine for me, with periodic checks for cleaning and re-application as needed (basically once or twice a year).

I'm not saying that there isn't value regarding the Robar NP3 application, but if I can save $100 by performing about 10 minutes worth of PM per Glock per year....

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Best, Jon
    NP3 shines where lube is a dust magnet, such as in my area of the country when wheat is being harvested. Or in places with blowing dust. I like the finish on internal components, and I have more than one pistol with NP3 internals, including a G19 and a G23.

User Tag List