Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My first IDPA match! (with a Glock 34)

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    Back when I shot a lot of USPSA the rule of thumb was not to clean the gun after the last practice session before match day.
    I go by this rule now. I remember one time I practiced for a match, cleaned my gun and didn't realize I tweaked a spring during disassembly/assembly. The following day I had several malfunctions that kinked my match.

Do to circumstances beyond my control I haven't shot IDPA for a while but last I did gloves where not allowed. Has this changed? Or maybe I'm mistaken? Glad you're having fun! I miss it and hope to rejoin the fun ASAP.
    Some 1911's may need frequent cleaning. My Colt doesn't and I treat it like a Glock. It gets more lube than a Glock needs but that's about it.

If they are illegal it's such a disadvantage that no one would ever really care regardless. Considering there's plenty of shooting matches in the freezing cold I'd be surprised if they were completely illegal though.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Do to circumstances beyond my control I haven't shot IDPA for a while but last I did gloves where not allowed. Has this changed? Or maybe I'm mistaken?
    I have no experience with pre-2005 rule books but none of the ones I've read (2005 - present day) say anything about gloves. I would be very surprised if gloves were ever not allowed.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    I have no experience with pre-2005 rule books but none of the ones I've read (2005 - present day) say anything about gloves. I would be very surprised if gloves were ever not allowed.

Yes, I must be mistaken. I did a quick google search with no ban on gloves found. Some clubs do stages where gloves are required to simulate winter use. Even shooting specific gloves would yield no competitive advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Some clubs do stages where gloves are required to simulate winter use.
    ...Why not simply shoot that stage during the winter? That'd be a fairly accurate winter simulation.

IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Some people live in God forsaken hellholes where it doesn't get down to -20F on the regular
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    ...Why not simply shoot that stage during the winter? That'd be a fairly accurate winter simulation.

I don't know. Just reporting on what I found out.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Some people live in God forsaken hellholes where it doesn't get down to -20F on the regular
    Last edited by Wobblie; 06-16-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

User Tag List