Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Humor: SEAL Takes Down Little Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Dude that went in after her was fast! And left his sunglasses in the water.
    Yup. Hero points for that dude for sure.

A while back I was surfing in Santa Cruz and a guy next to me got attacked by a harbor seal. Bit him mid-body, thrashed him, and ripped his wetsuit. They are bigger up close...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Reload8 View Post
    Looked pretty scary to me. Now she's going to have an irrational fear of them growing up
    I'd say any fears she has from this point forward are most certainly highly rational.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Saw that. People just crack me up.

"Hey, there's a toothy monster from the deep!"

"Let's pet it!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn nature you scary! LOL

At least dad took care of business ASAFP! Took about 2 seconds for him to hit the water and get her out.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    At least dad took care of business ASAFP! Took about 2 seconds for him to hit the water and get her out.
    I don't think that was her dad. They walked off in different directions afterwards. I think that was just a random guy.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    That's just down the road from me. I buy fish there, off the boats, and wander around on the docks sometimes. Might be able to figure out which boat that is, if I watched it a few times.

A) do not fuck with sea lions. Even seals. My uncle was rinsing off fish blood from his hands at a dock not far from there, and a simple harbour seal mistook his hands for a fish, thrashing in the water. Drove himself to the hospital for dozens of stitches after its raked teeth dragged back into the ocean and he insisted on retaining his hands. Extensive antibiotics to counter bone infections after his carpals got slathered in seal saliva.

B) yeah, guessing that wasn't her dad, on the basis of the "let's just leave" reaction of the mother. Seen that kind of thing a lot around here (not specifically in reference to sea lions).

C) a sea lion weighs as much as a large tiger. Factor that into your decision making, if possible.

D) pretty good chance the sea lion had never seen prey in the water as large as a human child. They eat a lot of salmon, but rarely more than 20 lbs I wouldn't think. A thrashing fifty pound kid was probably a serious WTF for it.

E) that said, do not fuck with sea lions. If only for the fact that sea lions are food for killer whales, which don't just kill you, they basically torture you to death.

Okay, that's just an example of them kicking a seal to death. But it was filmed right where I grew up, literally. I used to fish that spot in a 12' aluminum skiff with my dad. But seriously, they're jerks.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I'm still waiting for the humor.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I'm still waiting for the humor.
    Wild animal attack w/o injury = funny.

I didn't say I was a good person.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Wild animal attack w/o injury = funny.

I didn't say I was a good person.
    Most of America having few if any remaining survival instincts - sad but funny in a twisted way.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    This picture was taken there the next day.

Locally I'm hearing a lot of people advocating for a cull but I think that might be a bit extreme. A combination of education and readily available birth control seems sufficient to me.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    . A combination of education and readily available birth control seems sufficient to me.
    People or seals?

User Tag List