Thread: Training in Central Virginia/Richmond with Ron Sable July 8-9

Training in Central Virginia/Richmond with Ron Sable July 8-9

We will be hosting a class in the Central Virginia/Richmond area July 8-9. This will be a crash shooting course and is focused around utilizing a pistol at close distances. This course will be taught by Ron Sable. Feel free to message me for further details and registration at:
    goplacesdothingsglobal@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is an excellent training opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Hell yeah! Ron is real deal, and knows what he is talking about.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Did anyone make it to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Did anyone make it to this?
    Dropkick,

The class went really well except for the 100 degree day on Saturday. We had 10 students from the Richmond area. The class went as planned with a little over 400 rounds fired, and roughly 300 iterations of one handed draws from concealment. Ron has developed a specialized method that allows people to access, draw and re-holster their pistol exclusively one handed. This method was developed for carrying either appendix or strong side hip.

The majority of the live fire focused on maximizing the 4 count draw stroke. Ron had the class repeatedly shoot from the position 2, with full compression, throughout the 3 ie. 3.1 - 3.9 and at full extension, position 4. By the end of the second day the group could make good hits while either closing or opening the distance.

The title of the class was Crash Shooting. The compression and extension shooting focused on you crashing into someone or others crashing into you. The context of the crash was an adversary or in a crowded space where people are crashing into you as they are trying to leave a crisis.

The afternoons on both days focused on Greco wrestling and incorporating live action marking pistols.

We are planning to host Ron again March 2018.
    Last edited by Go Places Do Things; 07-13-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Places Do Things View Post
    We are planning to host Ron again March 2018.
    That's good to hear you're having him back, I hope to catch the class then.

User Tag List