Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brigadier Tactical now having light strikes

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    It's the hammer spring. Swapped trigger bars and still had a few light strikes in DA. Gonna order a 14# from Wilson and call it good. In the meantime I'm gonna throw in a D spring to get him through tonight's match and shooting this weekend.
    Just curious, but what hammer is he running?

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Just curious, but what hammer is he running?
    Skeletonized Beretta hammer. One that came stock on the Brig Tac. I put an electronic trigger pull gauge on his gun and with the 13# spring the DA pull was in the mid-to-high 6 pound range...that's about a pound lighter than my personal Brig Tac and Elite 2 (both have 13# springs). The D spring measures in the mid-to-high 8# range on his gun. I advised him to just run the D spring since it's still below a 9# DA pull.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 06-01-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Skeletonized Beretta hammer. One that came on the Elite 2. I put a trigger pull gauge on his gun and with the 13# spring the DA pull was in the mid-to-high 6 pound range...that's about a pound lighter than my personal Brig Tac and Elite 2 (both have 13# springs). The D spring measures in the mid-to-high 8# range on his gun. I advised him to just run the D spring since it's still below a 9# DA pull.
    Just for s's&g's, if you guys don't mind this weekend... try a STANDARD hammer and that spare new trigger bar with his original hammer spring and let me know how it does?

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Just for s's&g's, if you guys don't mind this weekend... try a STANDARD hammer and that spare new trigger bar with his original hammer spring and let me know how it does?
    It'll probably have to be Monday or Tuesday next week before I get that done. I'm shooting in the Langdon class this weekend and will be out of town. But I will try that and let you know.
    Shoot more, post less...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the skeletonized hammer is only .1 oz lighter than a standard hammer, correct? I saw pictures posted on another website where a guy weighed his stock hammer and a factory skeletonized hammer and the difference was .1 oz. Can that truly make that big of a difference in primer ignition?

Edit: He weighs the hammers at 7:00 in the video below.

Last edited by MSparks909; 06-01-2017 at 03:16 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

That is an 11% difference. With Tanfo pistols they brought out a heavier hammer to ignite primers better, and it works.

Site Supporter
    Just me thinking out loud is all. Please report back with your results.

User Tag List