Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brigadier Tactical now having light strikes

Site Supporter
    Personally I'd swap trigger bars out before disassembling the slide fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Alright so...shot my buddy's gun and my personal BT behind his house today. Same WWB 115 ammo. His slide and frame combo: 4 light strikes out of ~30 rounds fired. 3 in DA and one in SA. All 4 rounds ignited in my WC BT.

My gun: 0 failures. (15-20 rounds)
    His slide on my frame: 0 failures (20 fired)
    My slide on his frame: 0 failures (20 fired)
    Swapped slides back and my gun had 0 failures and his had 2 light strikes in DA.

At this point I don't know where to begin. I was hoping to trace the failure point down to either his slide or frame and deduce further from there, but since both guns ran fine with swapped slides and his malfunctioned again when returned to normal that stumped me a bit.

I did try to disassemble his slide but I couldn't get his safety out. You're supposed to trot are the safety up as you depress the firing pin in order to get the safety out...well I couldn't get his safety to rotate up as I was depressing the firing pin. Does the G model strip differently from the standard 92FS? Since I didn't get the slide apart I blasted the firing pin channel and firing pin stop with brake cleaner...seemed to clean some gunk out but obviously didn't fix the problem.

Here's a pic of 2 of the light strikes his gun had. Primed hits are light and are not centered:
    Attachment 17016
    Are you sure the slide is fully in battery?

Call Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Are you sure the slide is fully in battery?
    Yes. 1 of the light strikes fired on the 3rd trigger pull; DA first shot fired, SA next shot did not fire. Slammed through the DA pull twice and it fired on the second DA stroke.

And I'd like to help him fix this without sending it back to Wilson. Also wouldn't this have to go back to Beretta to be fixed and not Wilson?
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    I had light strikes in a 92...and that was with a Wilson trigger bar and 13lb spring.

I try to get awesome light triggers and the gods curse me. I swapped back to a D spring. Oddly, my shooting isn't considerably worse.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Personally I'd swap trigger bars out before disassembling the slide fwiw.
    I'll give this a try before I do anything else. I'm trying to work this through process of elimination...already put a new 13# hammer spring in it. I could try a 14# but I don't know if I have one in my spare parts bin. I'll swap trigger bars as that's quick and simple.

I'm also going to take 100 rounds of Wolf 115 to the range with me tomorrow to test his and my gun again. Hopefully I'll be able to easier isolate the issue as Wolf has harder primers than Winchester White Box.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Right side plunger on a traditional G model must be pushed out of the way for the safety cylinder to rotate. Be careful as the spring tension on the G thangs is significantly greater than on a standard FS and the springs are not readily available (We have them, but it will take longer to get a replacement than an FS).

If you remove the FPB prior to attempting this, you'll find the procedure easier.

Reinstallation of the G thang is TRICKY for a first timer. Go slow and don't be afraid to ask a buddy for help holding the right side plunger/spring down.
    Is there any reason the G conversion levers won't work in the G slide? If not then it might be worth the swap if only to avoid dealing with that plunger.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Is there any reason the G conversion levers won't work in the G slide? If not then it might be worth the swap if only to avoid dealing with that plunger.
    They will work... but the plunger geometry is different, so they may not return fully to the upright position and they will sit at a funky angle due to the different right side cut.

Alright so did more super sleuth work on my lunch break today and deduced that the problem is somewhere in his frame. It's either the hammer spring or the trigger bar. Both my and his Brig Tac have factory Beretta trigger bars and not the updated Wilson trigger bars. Took some Wolf 115 to his house and shot the following:
    My gun -15 rounds DA only; 0 failures
    His gun - 15 rounds DA only; 3 light strikes
    His slide on my frame - 15 rounds DA only; 0 failures
    My slide on his frame - 15 rounds DA only; 2 light strikes
    His gun - 5 rounds; 1 light strike on the first DA shot

Now I have some data I can work with! So to me this narrows it down to the hammer spring or trigger bar. I forgot my Allen wrenches for the grip screws but I'm gonna go back tonight and do the obvious hammer spring swap from my gun to his gun. My spring has ~6,000 cycles on it and I've never had a FTF. If his gun works fine with my hammer spring then I'll probably put in a 14# in his gun and call it good. If his gun has issues with my vetted hammer spring, then I'll move to the trigger bars and swap those over and try again.
    Shoot more, post less...

It's the hammer spring. Swapped trigger bars and still had a few light strikes in DA. Gonna order a 14# from Wilson and call it good. In the meantime I'm gonna throw in a D spring to get him through tonight's match and shooting this weekend.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List