Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air travel - taking my pistol

Quote Originally Posted by LTC77406 View Post
    Now just to figure out where to get the clear plastic card holder.
    Fedex (every location) gives away a free adhesive backed clear label holders intended for you to stuff the shipping label into and then apply to one of their boxes, turns out this free label holder is about perfect for this mission of a place to put the declaration, and then stick it on your container....that is what I use, it is a great idea offered by nalesq. I too have experienced the failure of the factory ammo box, I got a small nylon mesh bag that holds two boxes and even if they break open the bag will catch loose rounds.

Delta has been doing this queer shit with the huge plastic tie wraps and requiring you to pick it up at their oversize baggage claim. So take a set of nail clippers or a TSA legal set of scissors to remove that crap after you have your bag and have exited their baggage office.
    Last edited by fatdog; 05-22-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Fedex (every location) gives away a free adhesive backed clear label holders intended for you to stuff the shipping label into and then apply to one of their boxes, turns out this free label holder is about perfect for this mission of a place to put the declaration, and then stick it on your container....that is what I use, it is a great idea offered by nalesq. I too have experienced the failure of the factory ammo box, I got a small nylon mesh bag that holds two boxes and even if they break open the bag will catch loose rounds.

Delta has been doing this queer shit with the huge plastic tie wraps and requiring you to pick it up at their oversize baggage claim. So take a set of nail clippers or a TSA legal set of scissors to remove that crap after you have your bag and have exited their baggage office.
    The clear plastic label holders is a great idea. My wife's company has an account with UPS and she has access to their label holders. I'm having her bring a bunch home.

Quote Originally Posted by LTC77406 View Post
    Thankfully from Houston into pro 2A Arizona and flying out of pro 2A Nevada. Appreciate all the replies.
    I've been through both Hobby and IAH International with guns. Both are easy to work with, at Hobby it went down the belt. At IAH International they had an oversized item area where the TSA swabbed the bag. Not sure how IAH domestic works.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

User Tag List