Thread: Ulticlip3/Raven VG2 Combination

Hammertime

Ulticlip3/Raven VG2 Combination

I just wanted to share a little modification of a Raven Vanguard 2 I have been working on, combining it with the Ulticlip3. Perhaps it will be helpful to someone.

I use this clip on holster for the G42 and G26. For the G42 it allows me to clip the gun directly to work out pants. I have no difficulty lifting, sprinting, or running with it provided there is a drawstring.

I plan to use the G26 version as an around camp gun while hiking. I typically carry while actually hiking in a Wilderness Safepacker, but once the big pack is off, transfer to on body carry. Usually hiking pants don't have much of a belt, as a stiff gun belt tends to interfere with the pack belt. This set up lets me clip the G26 into my hiking pants while in camp with a minimal weight penalty. I think it is certainly better than taking a belt and holster along inside the pack.

You can bolt the Ulticlip3 directly to the VG2, but I find that rides a little high for my preference. I like to drill another hole in the VG2 as close to the trigger guard as possible, and use the upper factory hole and my new hole for securing the UC3. I then cut and sand off redundant material on the lower end of the VG2 so it doesn't dig into my thigh while seated.

Nice little mod, love doing things like this as well.. nice work..

Nice. Looks similar to this one designed by Mike Pannone and Gunterest.

Vanguard GT - https://www.gunterest.net/shop/

User Tag List