Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hk p series loyalists rejoice!

Interesting. I have only shot a couple flat triggers and they were in 1911s, and would have to try this before buying in.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    OK, at first I was kinda "meh" about this new flat trigger. Flat triggers in general are "meh" to me anyway, except on 1911's. But... then I watched the video on Instagram of the new flat trigger being manipulated. Whoah. Was it just me, or does it seem like that flat trigger makes the trigger break much further forward than a typical HK P-series pistol? If so, then that is totally awesome. The fact that the trigger breaks so darn far back on P-series pistols is something that hinders my performance. Is what I'm seeing reality? If so, is it just the trigger alone that does this, or is there other custom work done by Lazy Wolf that provides this?

Chris
    Last edited by Chris17404; 05-23-2017 at 07:14 PM.

I have a few questions, but the most pressing one I can think of after looking at the screen capture Tom posted is how silly the trigger reach becomes with this trigger.

As it stands right now, the pad of my finger lands squarely on the face of my HK45 trigger. I'd be surprised if I could get more than a nail on the trigger above.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I have a few questions, but the most pressing one I can think of after looking at the screen capture Tom posted is how silly the trigger reach becomes with this trigger.

As it stands right now, the pad of my finger lands squarely on the face of my HK45 trigger. I'd be surprised if I could get more than a nail on the trigger above.
    As I recalled, originally, the talk was that the flat-faced was going to only be for single action use.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    As I recalled, originally, the talk was that the flat-faced was going to only be for single action use.
    Ah. That makes some sense. I do not own a TDA HK so I didn't think of that. Thanks!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Initial photos I saw looked like it might work with LEM. That trigger seems to sit out a heck of a lot further that what I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Here's how it looks in SA:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/lazywolfgun...0331834094146/

I recall that when the flat-faced trigger was first discussed a couple years ago, there was talk of multiple trigger profiles. Might be a flat-faced trigger optimized for LEM geometry down the line? Dunno
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 05-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.

That is a radically different finger position.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I thought the whole point of the flat faced trigger was to give a consistent feel no matter where your finger landed on the trigger. This came about on the 1911 since the trigger moves straight back. It also works well on super short travel bolt gun triggers.

On a swinging trigger with as much movement as an HK, you will get a radically different feel and range of motion with a flat trigger vs a curved shoe.

I can see this on a SA with a really good trigger job (which Lazy Wolf does, really well), but a LEM or and kind of DA it seems like a step in the wrong direction.

User Tag List