Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Soft Trigger Bar

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The Wilson trigger bar does three things. One, it is made of a harder material than the factory, so it makes for a smoother and longer lasting DA trigger job. Two, it has and over travel stop that reduces over travel and therefore reset distance. Three, it pulls the hammer back further in DA than a stock trigger bar and therefore gives more energy in the first DA hammer strike.

It is a really great part and one that I help with from the very start, basically my idea. It was a replacement of the Speed Bump Trigger and a better option than an over travel stop on the trigger.
    Been considering grabbing the Wilson bar for a while, this was great to hear and I trust your Beretta chops. Thanks!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is from WC, not IDPA HQ.

"yes it is because the mods that are on the trigger bar are considered internal, not external. I have been running one since we came out with it in SSP and have not been told other wise"
    Thanks, Guy. What did Bill say as to the benefits on a DAO 92D? I'm interested in getting the feedback from you, him and Ernest. Be more than willing to discuss here on the forum, or however anyone would prefer.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Thanks, Guy. What did Bill say as to the benefits on a DAO 92D? I'm interested in getting the feedback from you, him and Ernest. Be more than willing to discuss here on the forum, or however anyone would prefer.

Best, Jon
    I didn't ask, beyond about the legality of the part, but will now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    ....If you factory bar is holding up well and the DA Pull does not "stack" and the end of the trigger pull, you may hardly notice a difference.
    I always thought the stacking at the end of the 92 trigger pull was from the added work of raising the firing pin block. Was I wrong, or does the new trigger bar alter the timing or effort on this somehow?

I picked up an old frame safety 92 Stock and it stacks badly in DA. I suspect it has a heavy spring in it at the very least as none of my other 92's stack like this so trigger bar will likely be my first addition to it (beyond a d-spring)

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Best, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I didn't ask, beyond about the legality of the part, but will now.
    Head trigger guy at WC says he has not installed their trigger bar in a 92D yet, but should work great.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I always thought the stacking at the end of the 92 trigger pull was from the added work of raising the firing pin block. Was I wrong, or does the new trigger bar alter the timing or effort on this somehow?
    No, I don't think that is the issue there. If you put your pistol in single action, when you take the slack out you can see the firing pin block come up. It does not take very much effort to raise that block.

The stacking comes from a combo of compressing the spring fully and the trigger bar hanging on the hammer hook. When those two parts are smooth and working correctly, there is almost no stacking.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Vending Machine Operator
    No, I don't think that is the issue there. If you put your pistol in single action, when you take the slack out you can see the firing pin block come up. It does not take very much effort to raise that block.
    Noticed that right off the bat when I first got and started dry-firing my PX4 in 2008. However Beretta has the pin block set up in the 92, they have it set up the same in the PX4, and it bounces out of the way pretty immediately.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter

The stacking comes from a combo of compressing the spring fully and the trigger bar hanging on the hammer hook. When those two parts are smooth and working correctly, there is almost no stacking.
    OK, I see where you're going. I've got an old LTT 92G here beside me that was done long before the days of the new xfer bar, and I've got a 92D which has a really great stock trigger pull. The D obviously hits a little wall right at the point where the firing pin block begins to move (trigger is probably 4/5 of the way back at this point). You can stroke the trigger all day with your eyes closed, feel the wall every time, and let off without firing every time.

Put the G in SA and there are two segments of pre-travel. The first of which is probably xfer bar pre-travel, the second of which is the firing pin block beginning to move. Then you hit the rest of the resistance which is when the block is raising the rest of the way and the hammer falls.

The stacking y'all are talking about must be literally at the very end of the pull. The stacking I'm thinking of is the additional weight of the firing pin block and is before what y'all are talking about. I had assumed the stacking at the very end was the firing pin block spring coil-binding.

So when you replace the xfer bar with the WC one, do you end up with something like a well-tuned CZ pull? I remember you'd suggested that I replace the xfer bar in this 92G a couple years back, but I couldn't remember what the reason for that was.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Noticed that right off the bat when I first got and started dry-firing my PX4 in 2008. However Beretta has the pin block set up in the 92, they have it set up the same in the PX4, and it bounces out of the way pretty immediately.
    If by, "pretty immediately," you mean very near the end of the DA stroke, I agree with you. And it is only partially raised when you hit the full resistance of the SA stroke, on both pistols. The PX4 that I have handy is a lot smoother on the firing pin block action than the 92D. Both are stock guns. Obviously the LTT 92G had some work done to the block, so not really a fair comparison.

User Tag List