Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Soft Trigger Bar

Beretta 92 Soft Trigger Bar

I've heard that some Beretta 92s have had trigger bars with poor quality steel or poor heat-treating. Has there been a problem? Is there a particular S/N range or place of manufacture (US/Italy) that had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Groen View Post
    I've heard that some Beretta 92s have had trigger bars with poor quality steel or poor heat-treating. Has there been a problem? Is there a particular S/N range or place of manufacture (US/Italy) that had problems?
    First I've heard of it. Where did you get this info?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I've heard people say the factory one is soft in the sense that it can have a groove cut into it from wear over time

Just get the Wilson action bar if you can afford it, it is a direct upgrade and the current version might not even require fitting.

While Wilson doubtlessly manufactures quality components, Beretta isn't exactly considered a slouch when it comes to component design and durability. The 92 Series has been around for awhile without the trigger bar being considered inadequate or deficient, so I'd be interested in an objective review of the Wilson's qualities vis-a-vis the OEM trigger bar. Best, Jon

I have been present when Ernest and Bill Wilson discussed this in certain 92 trigger bars. This is the reason WC brought out their trigger bar -- a quality part that allows for a better initial and long term trigger job.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been present when Ernest and Bill Wilson discussed this in certain 92 trigger bars. This is the reason WC brought out their trigger bar -- a quality part that allows for a better initial and long term trigger job.
    Ok, that's a good start to a discussion-for which specific 92 series triggerbars is the Wilson component considered to be an ideal corrective? (and, conversely, which models are not particularly suitable for or benefitted from the Wilson triggerbar?) And how specifically is it corrective in regards to those 92s/triggerbars? While I don't doubt that any 92 can be further and beneficially tuned by improved components/gunsmithing, for a basic platform that's been around since the mid-1970s, it's the drop-lock/locking block that's usually cited as a component needing product improvement, which Beretta indeed addressed in several iterations; and the trigger return spring, which both Beretta and Wolff have addressed.

The triggerbar per se simply hasn't been on my radar as a component particularly in need of massaging, so any detailed information and discussion would be beneficial.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 05-20-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Hopefully Pepperoni and Ernest will be around on this topic soon.

My first exposure to this, was when Ernest pulled the trigger bar out of my 92G-SD, heated it and then stuck it in water, in an attempt to harden it, when working on my trigger at Bill's ranch. I should also point out, in addition to being a harder part for a durable trigger job, the Wilson part optimizes where the DA and SAvtrigger release from.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    First I've heard of it. Where did you get this info?
    Not sure. I thought I read a comment about it a long time ago in a P-F post, but nothing turned up when I searched for it.

Thanks for the info GJM.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I've heard people say the factory one is soft in the sense that it can have a groove cut into it from wear over time

Just get the Wilson action bar if you can afford it, it is a direct upgrade and the current version might not even require fitting.
    This ^^^^
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hopefully Pepperoni and Ernest will be around on this topic soon.

My first exposure to this, was when Ernest pulled the trigger bar out of my 92G-SD, heated it and then stuck it in water, in an attempt to harden it, when working on my trigger at Bill's ranch. I should also point out, in addition to being a harder part for a durable trigger job, the Wilson part optimizes where the DA and SAvtrigger release from.
    Yup, and this too^^
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List