Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Beretta 92 Soft Trigger Bar

Logical

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    This looked okay when I tested it yesterday.

I’m going to try a fresh recoil spring and see. I wonder if cool temps, dirt, less than usual lubrication, and a nearly time to replace recoil spring actually caused a situation where the weapon was verrrry slightly not quite in battery? I should be able to get her to the range tomorrow.
    As the next step to try, your approach is most logical. It is a good Gunsmithing rule to always try to replace the cheapest part first.

I had one hammer spring that began to give light strikes at under 19,000 rounds. I replaced it with another one which has gone a good 70,000 rounds without light strikes since. Sometimes one hammer spring is more fragile than another.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 01-21-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Happy to report that after a good cleaning and lubrication and a fresh recoil spring, she functioned flawlessly this evening at Pstc for the weekly practical pistol match. I’d never let her get as dirty or stay that way as long as I had before Sunday’s match with the ignition issues. Lesson learned. Also this recoil spring didn’t make it to the expected 5 k interval, though still north of 4, so I might start looking at them for 4K replacement. Sorry for the detour on the thread.

An old rule of thumb on full size 92s is replace the recoil spring when it has shrunken to the length of the barrel.

User Tag List