Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Series 70 Colt Competition Pistol

I also have no problem with the series 80 stuff, in fact I prefer it for a carry gun. If I were going pure competition then one might as well go all the way and get the S70 version.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Not everyone prefers checkering.
    TROOF

Name:  DSC_0001 3.jpg
Views: 1647
Size:  61.3 KB

I like checkered frontstraps but not cheese grater style 20 LPI. (25 lpi shown above) Given a set of grips with some decent texture (G-10s are best in this regard IMHO) I find smooth frontstraps to be fine even in hot weather.

Curious about golfball dimple style cuts....though they might not be any cheaper to machine.

Ruger's non FPB 1911s passed Commiefornias drop tests by using Ti firing pins.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Honestly...I never saw the huge problem with series 80. Heresy notwithstanding, the trigger on mine is decent. Plus the drop safe thing is nice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I like the FPS and even more, the day a guy next to me in a restaurant bathroom dropped his Colt 1911 Gov. Series 80s on the floor.

I want one of these in carbon steel. A recent Ammoland article mentioned they will produced in carbon steel as a companion to the stainless steel variant.

If that is the case, my lightly used Springfield LBO (Loaded Operator), will be made available.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I want one of these in carbon steel. A recent Ammoland article mentioned they will produced in carbon steel as a companion to the stainless steel variant.

If that is the case, my lightly used Springfield LBO (Loaded Operator), will be made available.
    Yes, all Colt Competition Pistols -- whether blued or stainless -- are being converted to Series 70. In fact, the blued ones are already showing up for sale on Gunbroker.

Anyone here have data or feedback on how the Colt Competition is doing out in the field?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Anyone here have data or feedback on how the Colt Competition is doing out in the field?
    Which field? If you mean how is it performing in competition, I can't comment on that. My personal stainless 9mm CCP has almost a thousand rounds through it with no problems so far -- in other words, just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    I like the FPS and even more, the day a guy next to me in a restaurant bathroom dropped his Colt 1911 Gov. Series 80s on the floor.
    Dang! If you were close enough to know it was S80 then I would be thankful too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Dang! If you were close enough to know it was S80 then I would be thankful too.
    no, I wasn't that close LOL, it was a friend of mine, I had shot that particular pistol, we were at a party dinner on a restaurant, he's a heavy guy and have the nasty habit of sticking the gun thru the belt and the end of the slide in the watch pocket.

Has anyone seen these available yet? Nothing on Buds thus far.

User Tag List