Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43,or Walther PPS M2?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    where did you find a rsa?
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Smith-Wesson-...S-w/1660889186

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 43,or Walther PPS M2?

Owned and sold an M2. Sold because lefty; it is not ambidextrous. Have shot a rental G43 at the range.

M2 Pros: Very comfortable to shoot w ergonomic grip. 6 7 and 8 round mags. Very reliable and accurate.

M2 cons: Very heavy for its mag capacity. Not ambidextrous.

G43 Pros: Small and very concealable. Reliable and accurate.

G43 Cons: Low mag capacity. Very slippery grip. Very squirmy and uncomfortable to shoot.

I'd try and rent both to shoot before you decide. Internet discussions do not equal shooting a small ccw, ime.

ETA: FWIW:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....something-else

I ended up carrying a P30SK LEM in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit holster AOWB.
    Last edited by RJ; 05-20-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Based upon handling both, including dry-fire, the PPS M2 fits me MUCH better, which includes my index finger falling naturally into place on the face of the trigger, and the sights remain steady during the trigger stroke. So, for ME, the G43 is no longer a candidate, even though I am very much a user of the G19 and G17, with the G26 being a default back-up weapon on and off the clock. I may well add a PPS M2, especially now that my LEO-ing career is in its twilight, and truly deep concealment will soon become more important.

I strongly prefer weapons that are operable with either hand, and noticed no lefty-righty issues with either weapon.

Which weapon is better for any other individual? Well, it depends, with fit of gun-to-hand/fingers being the starting point.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-20-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I'm a Shield guy. I have ~10k through mine. Changed the RSA. And added Warren sights after the OEM sights lost one of the Dots out of it (fell out while shooting). I'm looking forward to Galco releasing an Ankle Glove next month to fit it. It is my, "gym shorts gun," with a DSG AIWB, and I carry it in NPE's with a JMCK George. It will replace my ankle gun (j frame) once I have a rig that'll fit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As cheap as they are I'm really tempted to try another one.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

PPS hands down. Preferably an M1 but it looks like they're being discontinued.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

G43 by a mile.
    Accurate, reliable, and shoots like a big gun for me.
    Light and small enough to be a pocket pistol. I carry one every day weak side front pocket.
    It is not squirmy or slippery for me.

I dumped the Shield and an M1 after getting the 43.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 05-20-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    PPS hands down. Preferably an M1 but it looks like they're being discontinued.
    Is that confirmed? If so I probably need to grab a spare.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Is that confirmed? If so I probably need to grab a spare.
    There's some .40s still available but the 9mm is no longer listed at any distributors.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    I've carried a Shield for years but recently switched to Glock 43. On paper, it shouldn't be a good fit - I have large hands and haven't carried or competed with a Glock for years. But I picked up a used one, wrapped a strip of gaffer tape around the stock, and outshot the Shield in both rapid and slow fire out to 25 yards. It's smaller, lighter, more accurate and for me, just as controllable. My only complaint is that mag changes are more difficult due to shorter grip and less positive release, but I could get used to it.

The Shield is still a great choice and I prefer it to the PPS for recoil management. And $225 online with the $75 rebate is a great argument for it. I ran the Shield relatively hard in a couple of courses and the worst problem was a loss of the front sight dot insert, easily fixed. As stated upthread, shoot all before deciding. "Best" is very subjective.

I have ~1,000 rounds through my PPS M1 and have enjoyed it quite a bit. It has been accurate enough for me and has only had 1 malfunction when I first took it to the range. I haven't shot the other options, but would like to check out the glock. One feature on the PPS that I really like it is has a built in gadget for an additional layer on safety when reholstering.

User Tag List