Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43,or Walther PPS M2?

Glock 43,or Walther PPS M2?

I just sold my ccw,and am looking to buy a new pistol for everyday concealed carry.
    Which would you recommend and why? Glock 43, or Walther PPS M2?

Brownells has excellent prices on the S&W Shield in 9mm. With the $75 mail in rebate that S&W is running through 30 June 2017, it might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    I just sold my ccw,and am looking to buy a new pistol for everyday concealed carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Brownells has excellent prices on the S&W Shield in 9mm. With the $75 mail in rebate that S&W is running through 30 June 2017, it might be worth a look.
    What TYR said..

Add pocket holster and put it in a cargo pants/shorts pocket while working outdoors. Switch to IWB Belt carry when off work.. best deal going right now. Especially if you feel more comfortable with a manual safety depending on how much it would get banged around inside your pocket while working.

Side question, has anyone ran a smith and wesson shield hard?

While they are in the same size category, they aren't the same size. For my pockets on my pants, neither is a picket gun. M2 is a bigger pistol and the difference is unmistakable. For one gun, I'd go M2, it is more shootable because it is bigger.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I think that you really need to access the concealment needs. I've owned an original PPS. I currently own a couple of Shield's and a Glock 43. To me, the PPS M2 and the Shield are comparable. But the Glock 43 is just enough smaller that I wouldn't compare it to the PPS.

My wife is a smaller person with proportional sized hands. She appropriated my Glock 43 as it works well for her both from true concealment as well as her ability to shoot the gun. Mechanically, my Glock 43 is a nice shooting subcompact. But as much as I like the concept of a Glock 43, I was born with XL gloved size hands that have longer fingers attached. I struggle to hold onto the Glock 43 when shooting the gun.

You really should do yourself a favor and try to shoot both guns. Both the PPS and Glock 43 are excellent guns, the question is, which size fits your hands and needs.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Side question, has anyone ran a smith and wesson shield hard?

I know that a couple of our range staff have put over 3K through their personal Shields. I don't consider that to be, "hard" at all. But I don't know that too many people buying a gun like a Shield would plan on running high round counts with a subcompact like the Shield.

Go to a range where you can rent. Shoot a variety of similar size. Then choose from the perspective of in hand down range experience.

Between the 43 and PPS M2, I'd go with the PPS M2. As mentioned above, neither is a pocket gun unless you wear cargo pants daily. The PPS M2 has a much better grip, feel and trigger (imo of course).
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I currently own a 43 but my hands are a little to big to run it well. Ordered some Talon grips to see if it helps. I bought it to start using it instead of a J frame when I need a pistol that size. I think the ideal role for a 43 is as a bug and not a primary.

As others have stated the Walther is a little bigger. The recoil is softer and it has better stock sights. Overall it's just easier to shoot. I like the magazine options of the Walther.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the original PPS better than the M2. The grip of the M2 feels awkward to me but that's because of my hand size. If I ever find one cheap I'll probably pick another one up.

I sold the first one I had for a Shield. If you can shoot one well I think it's a very viable option for a carry pistol. It needs some grip tape or stippling too in my opinion. Also has decent magazine options.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    While they are in the same size category, they aren't the same size. For my pockets on my pants, neither is a picket gun. M2 is a bigger pistol and the difference is unmistakable. For one gun, I'd go M2, because it's design allows you to press the trigger without disturbing the sights much easier than a 43, and because it has a mini-Gadget built in.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List