Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43,or Walther PPS M2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FWIW, your pictures show the PPS with the slide locked back and the trigger to the rear. GJM was (mostly, but not excusively) talking about when the slide is forward and performing an in-battery/"speed" reload. When the trigger is forward, it looks a bit different:

I didn't get all the same angles as you because, as you noted, it's a pain in the ass.

FWIW, I'm a paddle guy all the way and I'm a lot faster on my reloads with them vs a button. But then again, I have small hands and a no where near a 1.3 reload (2.0 is pretty smoking for me). Also, I greatly prefer the paddle mag release on my LEM P30s to the one on the PPS -- especially because they are always behind the trigger and just generally shaped better for me.

Yeah, and the time pressure of a match bearing down, and I can see the how physically yanking the trigger by mistake could be possible under pressure, dumber things have certainly happened. I've actually been messing with it quite a bit since the exchange and I can't find any other way for it to happen other than a mental lapse. Personally, I'd be more likley to slam those damn vampire fangs into the base of my hand under pressure (oh yeah, that shit hurts) but I can't see myself attempting a tactical reload under a still immediate self defense threat (the threat would no longer be imminent and I'd be behind cover otherwise I'd empty the mag in due course of the gun battle in the skreets and reload per practice)... well, not unless that damn grizzly was back for round two.. then yeah, I'd go for it. Never say never.

With the P30 being farther back, I could break a nail... can't have that!
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I think in 10 years paddles will be viewed as a dangerous "what were they thinking?" type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I said a silent prayer you were ok and not injured in any way. That would have freaked me out, as well as requiring a complete change of underwear. I can completely understand why you would not carry it.

Do you mind answering a few questions? I'm a former P2 owner, so I am familiar with the pistol, and am pretty curious about this.

Was the gun modified from the factory in any way?

After the incident, did you contact Walther CS, and/or return the gun to them for inspection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No the gun was not modified in any way, bone stock

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by BenM2Tac View Post
    It fell out of my holster and discharged, I'm very lucky I was not injured or killed. Projectile missed me by less than 12 inches. It changed the way I do a few things needless to say. I have no idea how it happened obviously the firing pin went forward, I do not no how many things in the gun had to fail in order for it do discharge , but let's just say I will not be carrying a PPS anytime soon and I would be very hesitant to carry a walther in the future. I know the incident was 1 in a million because I read a lot of posts online about people dropping guns and them not going off.
    Given that I have had my PPS M1 drop on a hard tile floor while I was still getting used to carrying it, this is very disturbing. Clearly yes, an isolated incident, but I would like to know if it has happened with any other PPS and how it's possible.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I think in 10 years paddles will be viewed as a dangerous "what were they thinking?" type of thing.
    The HK USP came out in 1993. At least one of the P7 versions had paddle mag releases even earlier than that. Why would the next ten years change anything about our understanding of paddle mag release safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BenM2Tac View Post
    No the gun was not modified in any way, bone stock
    Thanks.

Did you contact Walther and let them address this issue?

I'm not trying to pester you, but this experience of yours appears to be a fundamental flaw in the Walther design, which was defeated in your case by dropping it, with a round igniting.

From my (limited) understanding of the firing pin block, this is not possible, barring its removal, or damage to the mechanism.

I would appreciate anyone else who has a better understanding of the FPB than me to comment on how this might happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The HK USP came out in 1993. At least one of the P7 versions had paddle mag releases even earlier than that. Why would the next ten years change anything about our understanding of paddle mag release safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just the general way the industry is turning. I think in 10 years your finger will only leave a hard register to shoot the gun and that is all. Reference instructors telling people to put their AR on safe during a bolt lock reload. Hooking your finger near the trigger is much more dangerous than having an ND on an empty gun that you have to go finger straight to reload with.

I just wanted to bring this thread back up for election, does anybody have anything new to add here? I am looking at adding a Glock 43 in place of my PPS M2 post recall. Just hard to feel great about a gun after a recall, that being said I'm sure it's G2G... but you never know. Does anybody here much prefer the 43 to the PPS M2 at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I just wanted to bring this thread back up for election, does anybody have anything new to add here? I am looking at adding a Glock 43 in place of my PPS M2 post recall. Just hard to feel great about a gun after a recall, that being said I'm sure it's G2G... but you never know. Does anybody here much prefer the 43 to the PPS M2 at this point?
    I had an early 43 and traded it off. I thought it was an obnoxiously hard to shoot pistol for my XL hands.

I’ve only handled but not shot the Walther. I liked it and have considered buying one.

About the recall. Glock and Sig have both had events that should have resulted in a recall but both danced around that. Good on Walther for declaring a recall and promptly taking care of their customers.

Hilton Yam posted his thoughts on the 43, 43X and 48 today on Instagram.

TL:DR is the 43X is the sweet spot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_-TBjH...=167crb1gn40jv

User Tag List