Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progress

Progress

This is nothing to brag about but it's good for ME. This shows me movement in the right direction. This is nothing for most here but for me it was progress.

Both were 5 in 10 at 10yds. Not fast but better than I have been doing.

Any critique or advise it welcomed.

Last edited by SC_Dave; 05-19-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Those are good hits. Keep working on that trigger control. Looks like you might have a slightly left bias in your shooting, but nothing horrible. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Those are good hits. Keep working on that trigger control. Looks like you might have a slightly left bias in your shooting, but nothing horrible. Keep up the good work.
    I have noticed a left bias in my other targets. I don't know if it's grip or trigger press, I'm trying to figure it out.
    SCD

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I have noticed a left bias in my other targets. I don't know if it's grip or trigger press, I'm trying to figure it out.
    SCD
    Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Glock?
    ETA:I'll just assume yes, so here you go. The thread linked below, "Left Shooting Glock" has answers as well as additional links to other threads with more information.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Shooting-Glock

ETA2: Well, looks like I quoted myself instead of editing. Guess it's time for bed.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-19-2017 at 10:56 PM.

ETA:I'll just assume yes, so here you go. The thread linked below, "Left Shooting Glock" has answers as well as additional links to other threads with more information.

ETA2: Well, looks like I quoted myself instead of editing. Guess it's time for bed.
    You assumed correctly. Thanks a lot, I'll check it out.
    SCD

Glocks can be tricky, but not impossible. Read through that thread and keep at it.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Glocks can be tricky, but not impossible. Read through that thread and keep at it.
    Their is a lot of information and ideas in that thread. I'm going back to read it again in a little while. I read the entire thread and the links from that thread. Seems as though their are a lot of theories as to why G's shoot left but no one absolute answer. From what I gathered some are just moving the rear right and calling it a day. I don't have a problem with adjusting my RMR to shoot POA/POI but I don't want to do that as a crutch. If I know it's not me (the software) and it's absolutely the pistol (the hardware) then I'll adjust the RMR in a split second.
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 05-20-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Some have found using more trigger finger, inserting to distal joint, has helped overcome the tendency of shooting left with glocks. That said, I don't think it's something very many people completely solve. Watching demo videos from guys like Kyle Defoor, when they're shooting drills with Glocks and then show the target results, their shots seem to slightly favor left most of the time.

Examples, just FF to the end...

So I'm adding this video in response to what I have watched in videos and read about concerning eliminating shooting left by putting more finger on the trigger. Apparently it's something I can't do.

Last edited by SC_Dave; 05-20-2017 at 06:05 PM.

User Tag List