Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progress

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    Their is a lot of information and ideas in that thread. I'm going back to read it again in a little while. I read the entire thread and the links from that thread. Seems as though their are a lot of theories as to why G's shoot left but no one absolute answer. From what I gathered some are just moving the rear right and calling it a day. I don't have a problem with adjusting my RMR to shoot POA/POI but I don't want to do that as a crutch. If I know it's not me (the software) and it's absolutely the pistol (the hardware) then I'll adjust the RMR in a split second.
    That's because there isn't one absolute answer. A very small percentage of Glocks will shoot left mechanically, those ones require sight drift. Other causes, and most likely, are shooter induced. Everyone has different sized hands and fingers. YOU have to figure out how YOU can press the trigger without disturbing the sights. There's lots of ways one can disturb the sights.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    So I'm adding this video in response to what I have watched in videos and read about concerning eliminating shooting left by putting more finger on the trigger. Apparently it's something I can't do.

When shooting glocks, I aggressively push in the frame with my support hand thumb. That helps me get a really good and strong grip on the gun and gets rid of my left hand bias.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    When shooting glocks, I aggressively push in the frame with my support hand thumb. That helps me get a really good and strong grip on the gun and gets rid of my left hand bias.
    Do you find this correction consistent? I find it pretty hard to calibrate this sort of grip. Couple of things I've noticed about my Glock grip; I need to grip harder than on my SIGs for same results, and I am more consistent when most of my grip pressure is front to back. Obviously, this is very individualistic, results will vary, and performance is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Do you find this correction consistent? I find it pretty hard to calibrate this sort of grip. Couple of things I've noticed about my Glock grip; I need to grip harder than on my SIGs for same results, and I am more consistent when most of my grip pressure is front to back. Obviously, this is very individualistic, results will vary, and performance is all that matters.
    I grip as hard as I can into the frame which I think makes it as consistent as I possibly can. I do find that it helps because it not only masks any trigger mistakes I make but also keeps the gun locked down solid. I recall Todd discussing his grip with the guy from Ballistic radio. It was after Todd had the work down on his arm and they were discussing why Todd didn't use his non-surgery arm (his left arm) as his strong hand moving forward. Todd said something that only clicked with a little bit ago, his support hand is the most important part of his grip and he said that he would hammer into that side of the gun. Since doing that my shooting, with not only glock, has improved vastly. I know some like more of a neutral grip but that has never worked for me.

User Tag List