Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" S&W .32 long, 1950 era, revolver

"New" S&W .32 long, 1950 era, revolver

Just picked up this nice made in 1950, Pre-Model 30, 5 screw "I" frame, .32 long.

Chambered in the .32 S&W long cartridge.

This is actually a "5 Screw" "I" frame revolver. What great workmanship.

Since I have been known to carry .32 cal auto loaders for my pocket gun, I may actually carry this with modern ammo (In addition to this Magtech hp ammo, I have some Buffalo Bore hard cast wc and swc ammo coming.)

This is an all steel frame weighing in at only 19.9 ounces loaded (17.9 oz empty), it will be actually fun to shoot. Yes, I am going to shoot this gun. The 100 year old .32 hand ejector (5th change) shown below will not be shot. In fact, I just sprang for the $75 letter from S&W for this gun.

Man I love these .32's. If I keep this up, I may actually look for a more modern .32 H&R Magnum or a .32 Federal Magnum revolver to keep these oldies company.

Trooper Joe

Site Supporter
    My grandfather carried one of those. I have no idea what happened to it

Wow, those are nice! I need a S&W .32.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Joe View Post
    Just picked up this nice made in 1950, Pre-Model 30, 5 screw "I" frame, .32 long.

Since I have been known to carry .32 cal auto loaders for my pocket gun, I may actually carry this with modern ammo (In addition to this Magtech hp ammo, I have some Buffalo Bore hard cast wc and swc ammo coming.)

This is an all steel frame weighing in at only 19.9 ounces loaded (17.9 oz empty), it will be actually fun to shoot. Yes, I am going to shoot this gun. The 100 year old .32 hand ejector (5th change) shown below will not be shot. In fact, I just sprang for the $75 letter from S&W for this gun.

Man I love these .32's. If I keep this up, I may actually look for a more modern .32 H&R Magnum or a .32 Federal Magnum revolver to keep these oldies company.

Trooper Joe
    My brother in law carried a 3" nickel S&W .32 as a Justice of the Peace in SW VA before the office was abolished in the early '70s. It was the first center fire handgun I ever fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Joe View Post

Trooper Joe
    I carried one these to the lab for fingerprinting and function test on Friday. The one I took was not in nearly good a shape cosmetically though. Made me a little sad to take it down there.

I have my grandfathers old Hand Ejector chambered in .32-20 and I still shoot it occasionally. The story behind it is that my grandfather was head of the city water and light department and the chief of police gave him the old revolver in the chaos that followed in the days after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Evidently they were worried about possible sabotage by immigrants.

I'll be in my bunk...

Wonderful little snubby, made back in the day when the people assembling it actually gave a shit about what they sent out the door..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-21-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'll be in my bunk...
    That snub is definitely worth some bunk time.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    A DAO S&W 637 6 shot .32 with a bobbed hammer, decent sights and a decent trigger would be a dream gun. Plus it would pair well with whatever I used as a full size gun.

User Tag List