Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Officer Walmart

Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter
    That was an interesting read.
    Time to switch to Target, it seems.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    That was an interesting read.
    Time to switch to Target, it seems.
    Amazon Prime for me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Amazon Prime for me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    I find Walmart grocery prices hard to beat. Literally dollars less for basics like cereal and snacks vs the local Kroger. I've not tried amazon for general groceries, just some hard to find stuff I don't mind waiting for. Might need to give it a try.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Holy Frijole. Yea stay away from Walmart. I didn't know I would have to go with rifle in ready position. jeez.

Target supercenters soak up quite a bit of our time too. They do have more visible staff on the floor and I think that helps somewhat.

Want to save taxpayers more money than what we spend sending officers to crimes at Walmart? Do away with police response to alarm calls. We run thousands of those every year and rarely catch a burglary in progress. Most, dare I say 80-90 percent, are false alarms set off by the homeowner, business owner, or family member/employee with no password to deactivate it.

Some are set off by thunderstorms and wind. A tiny percentage are actual crimes in progress.

The Walmart thing though, to stay somewhat on topic, is not entirely their fault. I know locally, we have watered down the theft of property charges significantly. And the shoplifters know this all too well. The "juice is worth the squeeze" to them and they know that even with surveillance and sometimes even off duty cops in uniform on the scene, they stand a pretty good chance of stealing something valuable to trade or sell for the dope they want so badly. They know if they get caught, it's a slap on the hand under a certain dollar amount....and even if the dollar amount is a felony amount, a plea bargain is all too common to clear up the overstuffed dockets.

It's a multi-faceted problem and not all Walmart's fault. They recently built one of those neighborhood markets near my zone and we all groaned when we saw it going up. The first day it was open we ran a shooting call there but the actual shooting happened elsewhere and the victim drove himself there.

Off duty, I won't go near a Walmart without at least a G19 in my waistband. Lot's of drama at Walmart.......always has been.

Regards.

Personally I'd rather you responded to burglary alarm calls than a well funded corporate business like Walmart.

The Walmart in my area is jokingly referred to as the "white" Walmart and it's not bad to shop at. Unfortunately the other ones in the city balance it out with classic Wally World WTF.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

We have a "super" wally world in my AO...I have literally had every single type of call in that place and the management doesn't give a damn.

Had an loss prevention guy shot in the neck during a retail theft arrest, he's not an officer, doesn't know to or how to search a person and got shot because of it.

Had a dozen or so missing children calls in the last few years. One of which was 100% legit kidnapping of a 6 yr old girl that we never saw or heard from again.

Two "active" shootings, which weren't actually active shooters, but domestics which happened to turn violent inside wally world.

Bunch of rapes, like customer on employee, employee on employee, customer on customer.

Meth lab setup in between two isle's.

...and so many retail theft reports that we no longer respond unless the wally world has all the paperwork done, a video burned on a disc and the person in handcuffs, because of the shitshow it turned into every single time.

None of the above covers what happens in the parking lots which I have personally done dozens of surveillance in and conducted numerous felony level narcotics distribution arrests.

The short is, do not go there, do not go anywhere near there, ever.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Every Walmart in the jurisdiction I work in has off duty guys working there. They make lots of arrests and write a ton of reports. The only place that makes more cases than the Walmart stores is the Dillard's at our busiest mall. I worked it for 3 months and I would get at least 1 case every 4-5 hour shift. Now I strictly work off duty jobs at an electronic retailer and a restaurant known for wings and stuff.

JR1572

User Tag List