Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Meet Officer Walmart

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My town has a Walmart and three grocery stores. One of the grocery stores has a members' plan that will donate a portion of your purchase to the local charity of your choice. Another will sell stuff, at cost, to local nonprofits who are having fundraising events.

Walmart does nothing for the community. If they did, they'd be issuing pres releases and bragging about it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My town has a Walmart and three grocery stores. One of the grocery stores has a members' plan that will donate a portion of your purchase to the local charity of your choice. Another will sell stuff, at cost, to local nonprofits who are having fundraising events.

Walmart does nothing for the community. If they did, they'd be issuing pres releases and bragging about it.
    I didn't want to point this out, because it slightly less relevant than the fact that Walmart is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

But has anyone driven through the state of Arkansas lately? The Walton Family, which operates its mega-franchise out of Arkansas is worth $150 billion (with a B) dollars. And has donated how much to improving educational or health infrastructure in the state of Arkansas? Sure the "Walton Family Foundation" gave about 125 million for education reform in 2013...

But as it turns out the (extant) Walton family itself has donated almost NOTHING to this charity in 30-years or existence AND essentially are using it as a tax dodge...https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc.../#6dd300de7d52

But hey...it's convenient and they have ammunition and it's certainly not a place were scum congregate. Especially with such premier exemplars as the Walton Family in charge, why would anyone not go to Walmart?

Self-respect is a thing, y'all. Stop helping people who don't give a fuck about you, the American people, the American way of life, or even about charity...Seriously, our president, notorious for being a tax cheat and uncharitable bastard, has given more money per-capita than the Walton Family...

The problem with Walmart's in my area that the local security companies that employ a lot of off-duty officers are only paying $30/hr when they're charging WM $60/hr. Most officers I know won't deal with WM's issues on an extra job for $30/hr. The guys that end up taking a lot of these jobs are what I refer to as "gypsy" cops. These are the police that have 5 years LE experience at 5 different agencies. They aren't much more of crime deterrent than the 80 year old security guard driving the golf cart around the parking lot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I find Walmart grocery prices hard to beat. Literally dollars less for basics like cereal and snacks vs the local Kroger. I've not tried amazon for general groceries, just some hard to find stuff I don't mind waiting for. Might need to give it a try.
    H-E-B.

Site Supporter
    I have always wondered how much of WalMart's revenue comes from EBT cards?

Walmart meat prices may not be as economical as they seem. One of the local supermarkets I shop at had an Infomercial that played on its PA system about how Walmart adds and charges for the water in its meat which seems at the vary least deceptive. I recall thinking that a lot of liquid came out of their beef during browning. Quick google found a couple of articles that make the similar claims.
    Ripped off at Walmart
    Why does Wal-Mart sell meat injected w/ water and chemicals?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

My city has FOUR Wal-Mart Supercenters and two of their grocery stores. There's always an officer working there part-time on Friday & Saturday nights. The most recent one they opened is in the worst part of town, I wouldn't go there without Kevlar. We had an OIS at that one some time back, the specifics of which I don't remember.

The Supercenter we have on the northern side of town isn't too bad, except for the weekends when the school kids are there acting stupid.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I have always wondered how much of WalMart's revenue comes from EBT cards?
    I guarantee it is more than they give back to local communities in the form of charity that could benefit those with EBT cards...

Seriously folks, I'm not in the habit of labeling corporations or even people "evil" and I won't call Walmart evil, but they damn sure aren't virtuous.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 05-20-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I didn't want to point this out, because it slightly less relevant than the fact that Walmart is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

But has anyone driven through the state of Arkansas lately? The Walton Family, which operates its mega-franchise out of Arkansas is worth $150 billion (with a B) dollars. And has donated how much to improving educational or health infrastructure in the state of Arkansas? Sure the "Walton Family Foundation" gave about 125 million for education reform in 2013...

But as it turns out the (extant) Walton family itself has donated almost NOTHING to this charity in 30-years or existence AND essentially are using it as a tax dodge...https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc.../#6dd300de7d52

But hey...it's convenient and they have ammunition and it's certainly not a place were scum congregate. Especially with such premier exemplars as the Walton Family in charge, why would anyone not go to Walmart?

Self-respect is a thing, y'all. Stop helping people who don't give a fuck about you, the American people, the American way of life, or even about charity...Seriously, our president, notorious for being a tax cheat and uncharitable bastard, has given more money per-capita than the Walton Family...
    ^^^^this^^^^

I don't think this point can be made strongly enough. If you consider their corporate policy decisions just over the past 3 years, it makes it impossible for me and mine to shop there, even if they were the most pristine shopping experience available, which, as pointed out, will never be the case.

To each his own, and thanks God in America we can choose, but it does seem we are in a time when we need to be more careful stewards of where our dollars go to fund which agendas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    ...and BJ's.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    You can get those at the store?!

User Tag List