Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Neck Shot Placement

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    I heard an interesting remark recently from someone with a fair bit of professional experience in firearms application. On the topic of shot placement, they brought up the throat/neck as a viable target for immediate incapacitation. I got the sense that they might even prefer it over the bead.
    "fair bit of professional experience" recommending focus on "neck shot placement."

I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Treecop View Post
    Louis Awerbuck wrote an article for SWAT a few years ago about targeting the neck. True to form, he referenced lions killing antelope with neck bites. African critter behavior aside, he made a good point about necks making a steadier target than a bobbing head, as well as an overall larger one than the cns box.
    In 1954 I took 5th grade in England. My teacher was a bitter ol' piece of dried leather who favored a bun to keep her hair off her neck. During the late war she was a nurse on the front lines and took a round on the right side of her neck. It left a mark.

Later, as an adult, what I took as the lesson was that necks might be pretty stable (someone got her), but the vital area is narrow (she survived). Thus neck shots might work beautifully on occasion, but they remain a low probability target.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 05-28-2017 at 08:43 PM.

User Tag List