Thread: Worthwhile Training DVDs

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Worthwhile Training DVDs

We've had a few threads like this in the past, but I'm curious what the current state of the hive mind is. I have sworn off Fuckwad Fernando, despite the fact that Panteao is an amazing collection of knowledge. Because I no longer have that resource, what other DVD's should I get?

I just bought Ben Stoeger's "Practical Pistol Foundations," although I haven't watched it yet. I also have his dry fire book, which is excellent.

I want to expose myself to a broad a base of knowledge as I can. Even if I don't agree with the material, that's still okay, because I have to articulate why I didn't agree with the material. All suggestions are welcome, although anyone who suggests 'Tactical Response' DVDs will receive an Internet junk punch.

And if anyone would like to see Paul Howe's material without giving money to Fuckwad Fernando, PM me.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I have three or four by Tom Givens that are excellent. One is about lessons from various shootings involving Rangemaster students, the others include one on the Cooper Color code, and the shotgun.

Craig Douglas and William Aprill also have excellent material on DVD.

If you're interested in precision rifle foundation skills the DVDs by Rifles Only are arguably the gold standard.

Thanks for bringing up the Panteao thing. Had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Craig Douglas and William Aprill also have excellent material on DVD.
    Agreed. Craig has Reverse Edge Vol. 1-2 as well as PUC on his site, but a version of ECQC can be purchased from PDN.

https://www.personaldefensenetwork.c...-concepts-dvd/

For the price, it's worth having.

Thunder Ranch offers videos and online training. They're both excellent, IMHO.

https://thunderranchinc.com/

I think all of Kelly McCann's stuff from Paladin is excellent as well.

http://www.paladin-press.com/categor...d=kelly+mccann

I just started the dvd's that come with the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network (Marty Hayes) membership.

So far I've only watched the first one. It's dry and production quality is low but information quality seems high.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    First shooting DVDs I watched were some stuff by Pincus that came in the mail from the NRA...

For a guy who had never really known much about practical handgun shooting, it was surprisingly not sucky...in spite of some easily recognizable dogma.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 05-27-2017 at 03:25 PM.

User Tag List