Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig sued over defective pistols

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    They were limp wristing

Armorer probably took them all apart and put them back together wrong. ...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Armorer probably took them all apart and put them back together wrong. ...
    Don't leave out improper lubrication - - - both brand and quantity.

As our departments head instructor and purchaser of equipment and ammo, I can attest to large agencies having to adhear to a tight budget. Sometimes this means that the person doing the buying will go with the most for the least.

The one variable not mentioned was the ammo, brand and type. While I will never say that any pistol is infallible, but overall the 229 platform is pretty good. Any company can produce a bad run as well, but with the replacement of so many parts, and still not resolving the issue, logically, one would look at ammo next.

Personally, I WILL NOT buy crappy, cheap range ammo for our officers. I don't care how many more rounds I can get of XXX for $$$. If we spend more time chasing problems rather than training, then is that money being well spent?

FWIW Years ago the instructor here purchased a metric shit ton of Aguila ammo, cause they got a good deal on it. I was carrying a G23 at the time, and I would consistently get FTE with the stuff. The same happened with several other Glocks here, 23's, and 22's. The guys with Sigs ate it up.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 05-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Sig was, at least per the article, hopelessly flailing around trying to figure it out by throwing parts at it.
    There are precisely three parts to throw at that issue.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

After my own experience with a 229 of similar vintage, I would not assume the fault lies with ammo, lack of lube, improper maintenance practices, or ANYTHING other than SIG being SIG.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Thinking back over their history with the P7 and then the SW99, and now reading this stuff, I'm beginning to think that any manufacturer that sells guns to the NJSP gets exactly what they deserve.

I believe the NJSP ran Sig 228's for 10-11 years and were very happy with them. Time came for a replacement and they stayed with Sig and bought the 229's because the 228's were no longer available. I have no personal knowledge of the problems with the 229's but it would appear the NJSP attempted to work with Sig to address the problems. The Gen 4 G19's they purchased have worked out well according to conversations i have had with a couple of troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    They were limp wristing

Get out of here, everybody knows you can only limpwrist Glocks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Thinking back over their history with the P7 and then the SW99, and now reading this stuff, I'm beginning to think that any manufacturer that sells guns to the NJSP gets exactly what they deserve.
    Were there any problems with the P7M8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Were there any problems with the P7M8?
    IIRC, there were a couple of bad shootings of the type that can happen with that design (dude already has finger on trigger and is then startled into squeezing grip) and I believe support was getting harder to get with the guns discontinued by HK?

User Tag List